Author Topic: Should I have got a manual from the dealer with my bike?  (Read 3235 times)

Offline MaxBandit

• Board Regular!
Should I have got a manual from the dealer with my bike?
« on: March 16, 2009, 10:41:28 PM »
Hi guys,

I bought my gsf650 bandit new a few months ago. I didn't get any manuals or literature from the dealer with my bike.

Do motorcycles come with manuals like cars do, or is it usual for a new bike to come with no manuals?

Thanks

Offline bobby1950

• Board Regular!
Re: Should I have got a manual from the dealer with my bike?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 11:28:51 PM »
most of the manual is crap anyway like how to ride a motorcycle, or where the handlebars are located. Real info can be found online for free. I found a complete service manual for GSF 1250s just like the mechanics use. you just scroll to the page you want and print. beats spending 80 bucks. I will post the web site tonight if anyone wants it.

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 12:25:04 AM »
The proper answer to your question is "Yes".

All new bike come with a owner's manual, usually it's under the seat.  Did you check there?

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 01:52:42 AM »
Yes, you should have gotten an Owners Manual. As PaulVS says, look under the seat. Sometimes you will also get a separate Warrantee booklet, if the correct warrantee for you country is not in the owners manual.

Service Manuals DO NOT come with the bike, but you can usually negotiate a discount of 10-30% off list if you negotiate at the time of bike purchase.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)