Author Topic: Tusk bar risers  (Read 10478 times)

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
Re: Tusk bar risers
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 05:03:20 PM »
Well with the exception of Genmar that machined here at their plant, most of them are outsourced. Anyway its a good buy, I wonder if they will stack on top of Genmar raisers LOL. That would mean new lines but a true upright position LOL.

Offline gunzip

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 11:44:58 AM »
 Being in manufacturing myself I can assure you that outsourcing does not exempt you from liability . Any product we use in our equipment MUST have a liability trail that leads away from us , this even includes raw material like steel .  In fact ;For our crane tube sections we can only source from usa or canada as we have run into forged specs even from european korean and japanese
origins

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 01:02:53 PM »
Well critical test and calibrated items for industry are one thing, but I know most of the imported item for consumers have been coming under the radar from china and I don't have to give any examples of them or who gets stuck with it, the consumer. Anyway the point is tusk has had a good reputation whether there items are out sourced or not I believe these risers are valued priced because they were targeted at the off road consumer.

Offline Ray Mooney

• Watch their mirrors!
  • Board Homesteader!
  • A man's got to know his limitations.
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 09:45:40 PM »
Just got them installed. Not exactly OEM-looking, but they do the job. Used all but the smallest shim as full rise had the cables on the right side impacting the windscreen at full left lock. Still, much more upright position and less strain on my wrists. I like 'em, and you can't beat the price.
Ray Mooney
'07 Bandit 1250S

Previous bikes: '03 Vmax, '01 Bandit 1200, '99 Bandit 1200, '97 Vmax, '82 Yamaha Seca 650

Offline Geoffwhite18

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 03:25:33 AM »
You didn't have to replace any of the cables?

Offline Ray Mooney

• Watch their mirrors!
  • Board Homesteader!
  • A man's got to know his limitations.
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 10:40:48 AM »
No. There's no slack left in the cables, but it works.
Ray Mooney
'07 Bandit 1250S

Previous bikes: '03 Vmax, '01 Bandit 1200, '99 Bandit 1200, '97 Vmax, '82 Yamaha Seca 650

Offline Geoffwhite18

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 04:56:48 PM »
WARNING!!! These will not work on a 2G B6. In fact no risers of any kind will work on a 2G B6 because there is absolutely no slack at all whatsoever in the brake line going from the master cylinder to the distribution block down on the forks. So now that I have a set of risers, I'm looking for a longer brake line! LOL!!!

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2008, 05:04:29 PM »
time to get those braided steel brake lines you've always wanted, err... Needed, yeah, that's it!!  :trustme:

w00t! :thumb:

Offline Geoffwhite18

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 03:02:26 AM »
Well got mine on. I'm still waiting on the braided stainless brake line that I'm having custom made for 40.00, and I will have to powdercoat the risers to match my trippletree, but it's all good. It sure moves the riding position around. They don't look too bad.

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 05:17:30 PM »
I wouldn't powder coat them, I think they look techno fine. Sure beats the looks of some of the other strait raisers I have seen at 4 times the price.

Offline rcdd

• First Post! Be Gentle!
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 04:12:47 PM »
I think they look good.....and yeah, alot better than some of em I've seen......

Oh and BTW, they also make the same kinda clamp if you want to install some fat (1 1/8") moto bars......

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&navTitle=Control&webTypeId=241&webCatId=12&prodFamilyId=3154