Author Topic: water in tool pouch  (Read 4287 times)

Offline gunzip

• TURBO TYPER!
water in tool pouch
« on: June 21, 2009, 09:55:56 AM »
i had to use a tool out of my kit last night to change a bulb out on my buddys vtx.. and what do you know ; the bag was full of water and all the tools are badly rusted. 

I would definitely advise everyone to place the pouch with the flap down so it will not collect water

Offline billincentraljersey

• Board Homesteader!
Re: water in tool pouch
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 10:50:50 AM »
That's not good.  We have the user manual there along with the tool kit.  What else is back there?  I was going t see if I can stuff my strip down electric air pump in there.  Will be nice to find out where the water enters that area and seal it with silicone rater than plastic baggies.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Bragging Rights:  NJ to CA in 8 Days on my B1250ABS. Not quite ADV Rider.
07 B1250ABS, 90 Kawasaki Concours, 84 Moto Guzzi V65SP, 77 Yamaha XS360, xx-77 NYC Subway

Offline Barbarian

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.straightdope.com
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 07:25:36 PM »
Weird. I ride in the rain as often as not, and I've never noticed any water under the seat. Some occasional signs of dust and dirt, but not water...
2006 650 Bandit S w/ABS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 02:58:53 AM »
Got caught in the rain, very heavy rain, on my way home yesterday afternoon.  Checked the area, no leakage.  A bit paranoid, I lay out all the tools and sprayed silicone for protection.
07 B1250ABS, 90 Kawasaki Concours, 84 Moto Guzzi V65SP, 77 Yamaha XS360, xx-77 NYC Subway

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 12:26:19 AM »
Old thread .....

I took apart the back end body panels and the fender ..... The fender top lip is tucked under/inside of the rear body panel, which is wrapped around from one side to another.  The overlapped between the top body panel and the lower fender is pretty small.  If you have a leak, check to see if you are missing a mounting bolt that holds the fender to the frame.  That was why I had to tear it apart.  Missing bolt let the fender dropped leaving a big gap where water can get in .....