Author Topic: What do you think about this??  (Read 3458 times)

ippo

« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 12:40:07 PM by ippo »

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
Re: What do you think about this??
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 01:16:56 PM »
Seen that post and its a pretty good read. I know the C14 folks over at ZG/GTR Fanatics pulled their secondaries out without any other mods and noted marked HP and response gains especially at the low end, giving more snatch response off the line. Personally I'd like to leave both my CAT and stock muffler on and try it. Maybe use a soldering iron to heat the Lock-Tite from each fly screw and remove them easily without worry about heat transfer to the shaft and sensors. Then if it doesn't work I can just replace them easily without re-tapping. I figure that the stock mapping must be able to handle it because when both flies are fully open they provide the same amount of air volume, as when the if the secondaries are removed and the primaries are open, same-same. All your getting is the same amount of volume sooner for quicker response rather then a drawn out delay by twisting the throttle forever, now it will be less wrist action needed for the expert rider. Do it and let us all know if its works great!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 01:20:17 PM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline gunzip

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: What do you think about this??
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 10:57:53 AM »
 Considering the fly removal myself...but i'd for sure want to be able to re-install them if I needed to. What techniques   have people attempted to break those screws loose I wonder ?

I've used copper wire and wetted cloth etc to limit heat transfer but never on anything this small and delicate