Author Topic: Yoshimura TRS install  (Read 10578 times)

Offline mi1lertm

• Ride it like your Dad bought it for you
  • TURBO TYPER!
Re: Yoshimura TRS install
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 07:34:18 PM »
Here is a little flyby with the Yosh TRS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV9SpCTlJ_8

It was cold and I have not posted before on the tube.  It's pretty much over when I come back around.  Pass by at about 8K rpms.

Mark
2007 B1250
HS full stage 2 W/4-2-1 header & K&N
Renthal ultra L/R bars
Yosh TRS/HS fork brace
Skidmark DB, 46T rear sprocket (+3)
Ohilns 715 rear shock

Offline snofrog

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 11:47:02 PM »
oo b12 s
thank`s Ivan
z/g smoke sr
yosh ss can
crg bar end mirrors

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 10:00:12 PM »
Well with spring here and temps in the 70's I finally decided to buy a the basic SS Yosh RS3 oval slip-on for $280 including free shipping. The main reason as mentioned to keep from branding my right leg, pants and boots when dressing casual on warm days. Now once again I can straddle the bike and walk backwards without branding my right calf with 2nd degree burns. I know, I know why am I wearing shorts and T-shirts? Just suffice it to say that I still wear all the other protective gear which includes knee pads and elbow pads.
    What I didn't expect is the small boost in power, acceleration and responsiveness which has encouraged me to consider the removal of my secondary flies  but I will wait until I get another manometer that I sold because an authority on this sight told me that with the B1250 I would never need one again, Grrrr. But that will be about it and I don't mind the rumble back firing on decel as it reminds me of the old euro roasters of the 70's when back fire rumble was popular. Oh I almost forgot to mention that the midpipe and slip-on provided fit excellent with OEM hard cases with actually more clearance then with OEM. The trick is to leave everything loose and position the mid pipe and slip on for max clearance from both the hard case and swing arm. Tightening down the midpipe first and then muscle in the can. In fact it fits so well I will post a pic tomorrow as it is too dark out now, but there is absolutely no reason to waste your money for a "made for hardcase slip-on"  when you can get a much higher quality SS Yosh RS3 to work just fine while saving $100.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 10:14:14 PM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline mi1lertm

• Ride it like your Dad bought it for you
  • TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 01:36:37 AM »
Over on max zuki there is a ECU hack that is the same as removing the secondarys but with no torq loss.

http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/forums/index.php/topic,68731.100.html

Page 5 shows the position of the secondarys and why the bandit (stock) has no top end.

Mark
2007 B1250
HS full stage 2 W/4-2-1 header & K&N
Renthal ultra L/R bars
Yosh TRS/HS fork brace
Skidmark DB, 46T rear sprocket (+3)
Ohilns 715 rear shock

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 03:36:33 AM »
Thanks, haven't been keeping up with this ECU project but it looks like its almost at the stage where it will be dyno run tested for plug and play use. As for the secondaries I had no idea people were experiencing loss of low end, although in my case havering not installed a TFI remapping, air box mod, and new headers eliminating the CAT (something I will not be doing), I find it hard to believe that removal of the secondary's with just a can change and lower heat range spark plugs will not improve my low end LOL. No I don't plan on gutting this bike like my 05, just help it breath and perform a little better then stock and as close to legal as possible and at very minimal extra cost. Beside you know the old engineers warning: " The more you overhaul new plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 03:41:46 AM by CWO4GUNNER »