Author Topic: Memorial Day Ride == Houston area (cancelled due to rain)  (Read 8334 times)

Offline drewpy_dawg

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Memorial Day Ride == Houston area (cancelled due to rain)
« on: May 25, 2007, 10:48:08 PM »
EDIT: No one wants to go with a 60% chance of rain tomorrow.  Maybe another weekend.  
A low-stress ride is planned for Monday morning.  I'm leading it on my bandit but its mostly going to be cruisers.  This is a great chance to see an amazing route and get a taste of it to hit it faster and harder later.  
The plan:
Kickstands up at 10am at the Denny's at 1960 and 290.  Route will take us to Navasota, 3090, New Yankee's for lunch then run the "trace" on the return.  total ride should be about 120 miles or so.  
I know my little riders group is going, possibly some from the Valkyrie group, a student's dad on his quasi custom chopper and anyone else interested.  
email me at dragonelli AT yahoo DOT com or PM me here if you are interested.
2002 Bandit 1200s - Blue - Holeshot exhaust, pod filters and dynojet stage 3 jet kit and carbon fiber look accessories.  
2006 Hyosung Avitar GV-650 (wife's bike) -Silver- bone stock (and pretty darn fun to ride)

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 10:51:30 PM »
Kewl... thanks for posting this up.  I won't be able to make it but have a safe trip and watch out for DPS presence.

Ride Safe.....
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline drewpy_dawg

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 10:55:38 PM »
from what I've been told...3090 is a wonderful road regardless of day for the lack of it really going anywhere and hence no smokies.
2002 Bandit 1200s - Blue - Holeshot exhaust, pod filters and dynojet stage 3 jet kit and carbon fiber look accessories.  
2006 Hyosung Avitar GV-650 (wife's bike) -Silver- bone stock (and pretty darn fun to ride)

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 12:12:15 AM »
Most likely that's true....  but on a Holiday weekend they tend to be out in force.  Of course the "click it or ticket" campaign doesn't apply to us but they were "thick" on the FM roads today.

Enjoy the ride - hope the rain holds off too... lots of that this year for sure.
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!