Author Topic: Post Up Texans!!  (Read 24373 times)

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Post Up Texans!!
« on: March 09, 2005, 11:10:27 PM »
Pete gave us a place where we can talk our own brand of b.s. - no interpretation needed.  Post up.... good roads, Aggie jokes, recommended choke-n-pukes, what ever rotates your spurs.

If you are ever in the Grand Saline area be sure to check out the Saline Soda Shop.  Great big juicy burgers and old fashion malts at their finest.  About 15 riders (two from this board) showed up there last Saturday and had lunch and some great riding!!   :motorsmile:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline terrebandit

• Board Homesteader!
    • Daves Bandit Group
Post Up Texans!!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 09:35:40 PM »
Wow!  Cool place...   :banana:

Thanks Pete for setting this forum up....   :thanks:  

Now we need gtbandit (Craig), Vee Dub Nut, many other "bandits" in TX.  

Might as well make an announcement....

Some of us bandit guys/gals are riding on April 16 and 17 in NE Texas.  Post-up if you're interested.  

Dave
My Bandit(s) -click here  >={{{*>
2000 B12S "Good Ole Bob"
____ o7o____o7o ___Ride Safe!

Offline deepink

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.oldredtruck.com
Post Up Texans!!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 12:30:41 AM »
Postin Up!
May be interested in a a ride  in NE Texas later in the summer (as i have nothing to ride right now).  I ride with a few people that come in from Houston, and we normally ride North of here.  Sometimes into Arkansas.  Please post any ride in the future.  Thanks.
2001 Bandit 1200 - \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Revised\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Post Up Texans!!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 10:45:01 AM »
Quote from: "deepink"
Please post any ride in the future.  Thanks.

Will do DP... Always looking for a day ride / meet-n-greet but the next couple of weekends are booked.  

That's three of us.....  anyone else out there??   :motorsmile:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline gtbandit

• Board Homesteader!
Post Up Texans!!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 01:03:58 AM »
Quote from: "terrebandit"
Some of us bandit guys/gals are riding on April 16 and 17 in NE Texas.  Post-up if you're interested.  

Dave

Dave, I'm not sure I'll be able to get off from my second job yet, but I'm going to try to make it. I have to be back at work Sunday morning at the FD, but if I can, I'll ride up there Fri. evening and return home Sat. afternoon after lunch.

I'm planning a fall ride in Arkansas if any of you other Texans are interested. There are a few members from Max-Zuke that are planning to make it (most of whom Dave and I can vouch for) and a couple from this board. I will be re-posting the thread on here again soon.

Craig
Craig
'99 Black B12
'03 KLR650
'03 1000 V-Strom
'05 SV650
+ a few others

Offline terrebandit

• Board Homesteader!
    • Daves Bandit Group
Post Up Texans!!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 06:04:24 PM »
Quote from: "gtbandit"
Quote from: "terrebandit"

Dave

Dave, I'm not sure I'll be able to get off from my second job yet, but I'm going to try to make it. I have to be back at work Sunday morning at the FD, but if I can, I'll ride up there Fri. evening and return home Sat. afternoon after lunch.

I'm planning a fall ride in Arkansas if any of you other Texans are interested. There are a few members from Max-Zuke that are planning to make it (most of whom Dave and I can vouch for) and a couple from this board. I will be re-posting the thread on here again soon.

Craig

I'm in on the Arkansas ride for sure, so long as my work schedule does not conflict.  Sept 11-15 and October 1-2 are bad for me, so far.
My Bandit(s) -click here  >={{{*>
2000 B12S "Good Ole Bob"
____ o7o____o7o ___Ride Safe!

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Post Up Texans!!
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 10:13:48 PM »
OOPS.... never mind...found it.
'01 B600S ... sold

Offline tchuck

• New user!
Post Up Texans!!
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2005, 11:34:59 AM »
I have been reading this forum for a while and posting occassionally.  This will be a good spot for organizing rides.  It would be good if everyone from Texas put the city they live in on their info as Texas is so large.  As an aside my nephew drove to LA last week from Houston.  The halfway point is El Paso.  

I recognize a couple of names from the Two Wheel Texans forum.
Terry Cunningham

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Post Up Texans!!
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »
Welcome Terry... glad to see you made the trip.  Most folks here so far are east of I-35 but run nearly the entire "height" of the State.   :motorsmile:
'01 B600S ... sold

Offline Airmotive

• Board Homesteader!
Post Up Texans!!
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2005, 06:16:08 PM »
:banghead:  Still workin on the ol' carbs in the DFW area. So, technically, I'm not a Texas rider....yet!

Nevertheless....here I am!

BTW...carb cleaner on your hands WILL begin to dissolve your mouse!

Blue Skies,
JJ
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline tribal_bandit

• New user!
Post Up Texans!!
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2005, 01:29:06 AM »
hello texas bandit riders, i am from odessa. there will be a rally next month in iraan. i went last year there were about 50+ bikes,(small i know), but it was the first year. not all were sportbikes, everyone is welcome. they had drawing for some cool riding gear, and other stuff. free food, cant go wrong. check out the flire at odessasportbikes.com

Click here for the Iraan Sportbike Rally

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Post Up Texans!!
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2005, 11:15:26 AM »
Welcome to the forum Tribal... good to see West Texas here too.  Grab some photos at the Iraan rally and have a safe ride.  What model Bandit are you riding??
'01 B600S ... sold

Offline tribal_bandit

• New user!
Post Up Texans!!
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2005, 01:57:04 AM »
i have a 600, i been on the bord before, but i had to reregester.

Offline Vee Dub Nut

• Board Homesteader!
Post Up Texans!!
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2005, 10:14:41 PM »
Doh.. I just saw this forum...

I am from College Station... about an hour or so north of Houston...

Home of the Fightin Texas Aggies... Whoop! hehehe

Very cool to have our own place to post up.... I have no idea what my schedule looks like for April's ride.. My budget is more of a concern, I dont have a lot of money to burn on trips and what not...

Hope to see yall around  :motorsmile:
Adam in College Station Texas

1996 Bandit 750s - SOLD!
1998 Bandit 1200s - SOLD!
2000 VW GTi GLX
1967 VW Beetle* slight modifictations

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Post Up Texans!!
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2005, 11:18:09 PM »
Hey VeeDub....Was wondering what took you so long to post.  We have not had a lot of TX traffic but I hope the warmer weather might inspire some ride days.  A few of us from Tyler area are headed south tomorrow but I don't really know the route yet.  We are planning on lunch in Jacksonville about 1:00 pm.

It'd be cool to hook up some weekend 'tween your place & mine.... think about it for some future weekend.

A Bandit ride planned for the 16th is getting iffy at this point but still on AFAIK.   :banana:  :beers:
'01 B600S ... sold