Author Topic: Bumper sticker.  (Read 5233 times)

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
Bumper sticker.
« on: June 30, 2005, 06:21:04 AM »
"Proud and blonde of it"

Spotted this little gem while battling though Melb worst traffic and shitty weather.  But the thing that spun me out the most, was this female P plate driver, was beyond a shadow of a doubt, was the best, smartest, and safest driver I encounted all day. Didn't stuff about but gave, enough room when following, just did everything right. So impressed was I Had to let her pass, so I could pull up beside her at the next lights and congratulate her. One time I wish I was a cop, so I could give her a credit note worth 2 demerit points. Just goes to show there is hope.
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Bumper sticker.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 07:31:30 AM »
That's the oposite of the near death experiance I had on the way to work this morn.

Ok, I'll set the scene...

There is wet stuff falling from the sky (I think it's what we used to call rain - and yes I found my wet weather gear)

I'm riding along, at the speed limit - notice the slow truck infront of me in the inside lane, I also notice the car immediately behind it and there is a blue BMW behind me.  Roundabout coming, I slow down so the truck can have it to himself, the BMW pulls to the left lane and passes me - I have a quick look (she's 50 and is 'power dressed') she looks at me, breifly.  Ok, now I'm through the roundabout the BMW is still beside me, the car immediately behind the truck indicates, the driver looks over his shoulder and sees that I'm a couple of car lengths behind and pulls out and passes the truck - no problems here.

Ok now I'm doing 80km in the wet on dual carriage way (speed limit 80km), I'm closing on the truck and in the right lane about 1 car length back, the BMW in the left lane behind the truck now brakes, brakes, brakes again, she's now in the left lane behind the truck and about to get a real good view the the trailer tyres, I'm now level with the rear quarter panel of the BMW - I can see her face in the wing mirror, she brakes again.  I think 'oh good she's seen me', I accelarate slightly to get past quicker, then I notice that she has a mobile phone stuck to her ear.  I'm now near the drivers door, I think to myself "something not right -  stuff this" and brake - which was fortunate because it was at that precise moment the dumb slut decided to pull out and pass the truck, I hit the horn, flashed the lights, changed down to 3rd, braked (front and rear) gave her the bird and swore profusly - all in a matter of seconds.

And what does the 'power dressed, BMW driving, dumbass slut bitch' do next - raises her hand and waves, she is know driving at 90km on a wet road with no hands and is pulling back into the left lane.

On my way passed I 'gently' tapped on the roof to get her attention, lifted the visor and absolutely gave it to her - her response "Sorry I didn't see you" :duh:  :duh:
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
Bumper sticker.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 07:58:31 AM »
Mate I know where ya coming from, I'm a motorbike courier.
If that sorta shit dont happen at least ten times a day I start to worry something bigs gonna happen. Thats what makes my above post so nice and refreshing for a change. It almost makes me feel all warm a fuzzy inside. I did say ALMOST.

Your sorry I didn't see you, hmmm I hate that saying with a efen passion.
So much so, I was one of the first Melbourne couriers to use the reflective day-glo safety vests, white full face covered in more reflective stuff, and the tub on the back was also covered in the stuff.
Did it make a c#*# full of cold water of difference. In one little word

NO

And the dumb assed looks when your standing at thier car door, with all this gear on, yelling at the top of your voice, "tell me what didnt you see"
Its the ultimate BS excuse for I didn't efen look.

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Bumper sticker.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 09:00:46 AM »
I know, the thing that shytes me is that even though I've got a black bike and I'm not into wearing Power Ranger leathers - WTF is there not to see, the bike wieghs 220kg and there's 100kg of me sitting on top of it.

If they can't see that then I feel sorry for Grandma taking her morning walk, or little Johnny on his way home from school.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline scooter trash

• Board Homesteader!
  • Never Be The First To Get Old !
Bumper sticker.
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 10:44:28 AM »
Need to take that over to the "Bike most likely to be crashed or stolen....." thread and add it to the female t-shirt sayings. "Proud and Blonde of it"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
00 Red Bandit 1200S (Gone But Not Forgotten)
96 Red Harley Springer
04 Sportster
11 BMW R1200RT
scooters - in - the - wind

"Hollow Points" - From Those Who Care To Send The Very Best

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
Bumper sticker.
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 06:26:53 AM »
Did I mention that she was really really really good looking too.

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Bumper sticker.
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 09:19:57 AM »
No you bum, you didn't  :monkeymoon: - which makes me feel even worse - cause the bitch that tried to kill me would have benfited from a beating with an ugly stick
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline slo coach

• Board Homesteader!
Bumper sticker.
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2005, 07:08:13 AM »
At least that bird in the BMW said sorry,i didn't see you,

A few buildings down the road from work 'there is a bloody TOFU shop,and there is always 20 cars queded up to turn into the TOFU shop car
park,and these people are seriously the most useless ,selfish, inconsiderate,don't care about any body except them selves drivers,race of people you will ever meet.

i don't think they give a shit about road rules,or may not even know the rules,as they seem to not understand english .

i thought aussie drivers were top knotch ,bike considerate when i was last there.

slo coach

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Bumper sticker.
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2005, 08:10:11 AM »
When was that 1920 :lol:  :lol:

Or was it at Phillip Island during MOTOGP or Superbike Weekend when there's more bikes than cars.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline wizud

• Board Homesteader!
Bumper sticker.
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2005, 03:52:14 AM »
the truly tragic thing is if they say they didnt see you it's a good thing! If they did see you and still did it they must have meant it!!
 hi guys I'm back. Went for a ride up the Yarra Valley last weekend and had a patrol car on my back wheel for about 20 k's. Look at me, I can do the speed limit!!javascript:emoticon(':banana:')
Banana!
If you can't ride today, try and have a good day anyway!

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Bumper sticker.
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2005, 09:54:03 AM »
the truly tragic thing is if they say they didnt see you it's a good thing! If they did see you and still did it they must have meant it!!

I've said it before, I'll say it again, the best advice every given to me was

"Treat everyone else on the road with contempt as though their only purpose is to kill you...if you keep that in mind you've got a better chance of surviving............"
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline chippi

• Board Homesteader!
Bumper sticker.
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2005, 11:27:45 AM »
Quote from: "aussiebandit"
I'm closing on the truck and in the right lane about 1 car length back, the BMW in the left lane behind the truck now brakes, brakes, brakes again, she's now in the left lane behind the truck and about to get a real good view the the trailer tyres,

You guys drive on the wrong side of the road, right?  :stickpoke:   I mean you drive to the left? I had to read through this a couple of times to get the right image of what happened. How about a warning next time :wink:
Glad you saw it coming. We really should get our own lanes to bounce ....I mean run on....:bouncy: I just love this
Learn from other peoples mistakes...... or you won't be around long enough to make them all yourself!

Offline scooter trash

• Board Homesteader!
  • Never Be The First To Get Old !
Bumper sticker.
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2005, 01:52:34 PM »
You’re a good one to talk about right side and left side. I’ve driven in NY city. As far as I could tell there are no lanes. The one with the loudest horn and the biggest set of nads wins !!!!!
 :duh:
00 Red Bandit 1200S (Gone But Not Forgotten)
96 Red Harley Springer
04 Sportster
11 BMW R1200RT
scooters - in - the - wind

"Hollow Points" - From Those Who Care To Send The Very Best

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Bumper sticker.
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2005, 09:50:36 AM »
You also missed

Ok now I'm doing 80km in the wet on dual carriage way......

That means two lanes going the same way......
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline chippi

• Board Homesteader!
Bumper sticker.
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2005, 07:00:36 PM »
Uh yeah you did. Although I would like to point out we have a stay to the right exept to pass law.

:rant2: In fairness..... it is an often overlooked law  :rant2:
Learn from other peoples mistakes...... or you won't be around long enough to make them all yourself!