Author Topic: Congratulations Aussies!!!  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
Congratulations Aussies!!!
« on: November 08, 2005, 02:40:03 PM »
For your great save...your great catch...of Moslem terrorists intent on damaging your wonderful country and killing your families! :congrats:  :congrats:

I admire and envy your success.  Be ever vigilant! :beers:  :beers:

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 03:15:21 PM »
:beers:
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 07:14:08 AM »
The only problem I have with it (the press and government), is that in the process they are giving ALL Muslims a bad rep.  I've got a couple of friends that are Muslim, and a couple that are of middle eastern background but are in fact catholic, and they've already said that they're copping a bit of rubbish.

So, yes while it is good that we've put a stop to the alleged terrorist plans, but there is a down side to the way it is being publicised.  One mate said "those bastards aren't muslim, they're pharking arse holes....just like the pharking catholic IRA bastards in Northern Ireland aren't really catholics they're just pricks with a chip on their shoulder and a gun in their hand"
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 10:04:01 AM »
I understand exactly what you mean.  The broad brush.  Of course, if thousands of Christians (or Hindi, or Hebrews, etc.) were in our countries beheading innocents, blowing up stuff, and so forth, well, those terrorists wouldn't really be Christian, either, but they would be claiming to be Christian, and over time, as damage and death mounted, all Christians would, I guarantee you, be painted with a broad brush, too.

I don't really see any way around that with the extremes to which these "claimed" Moslems are carrying things. :sad:

Maybe (speaking of the U.S....I don't know about Australia) if there were a large majority of Moslems standing up denouncing radical terrorists and actively working against them, public opinion would swing more in their favor.  Virtually nothing like that goes on, though, unfortunately.

Might be different "down under".

-------

Oh, I liked the reference to the IRA.  I never liked them, either.  Never understood how our government agencies let them get away with hiding out here and fund raising here. :roll:   Must have driven Britain crazy!  On the other hand, wasn't Northern Ireland part of conquered and occupied territory?  Didn't the Irish just want the invaders out?   :shock:   Tangled webs, man, tangled webs.

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 06:36:37 AM »
I believe the poms did take over northern ireland when back when, maybe one of our Irish or pommy members could help us out with this one...
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 05:22:05 AM »
Lets not go there Mick.
I lost family, and yes I'm a bit one eyed over the whole bloody stupid thing between the IRA and the Poms, and as far as I'm concerned it’s well over due to leave sleeping dogs lie. Back to our problem here and now.
Yes the lads in blue and our (excuse the pun) intelligence (hahaha) may have stopped a major attack upon our shores, but having just said that, is this just another exercise in being seen to be doing something.
Mr. (Little Johnny Coward) Howard, has in the past, (in fact in his whole political history) being the master, of the knee jerk reaction, over exaggeration, and like most Aussie pollies, plain good old fashioned lies.
I truly hope the men taken in are in fact a terrorist cell members, because being the cynical bastard I am, and having watched little Johns style over so many years I truly hope this is not a political exercise and they in fact come down hard on some of the loud mouthed, rude, un-Australian blow-ins, that still to this day call for a Muslim uprising, in the name of god for **** sake.
But I guess history will be the judge of that little number.
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 08:09:30 AM »
Two words for you Mick

Here here.........

Oh, and when I used the IRA as an example I wasn't meaning to upset anyone.....I was just trying to say that just because someone says they belong to a particular group or organisation, doesn't necessarily mean they actually are and are simply using it as an excuse or a reason...

I too had family involved......
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 04:20:22 AM »
Funny thou, I'm pom threw and threw, in fact I'm bloody proud of it, yet, not so proud to let my pride blind me, as my closest mate, is Irish, as they come, Northern Irish at that. And we once talked about the problems between the IRA ( OK we where more like yelling abuse ) so to settle the wee little blue, we looked up the histroy. Yee gods, we ended up more confussed than paddy in a vat of whiskey. So heres the real short version. Poms walked in, Paddy didn't like that, so the poms walked out, fare enough ya would reckon, but then paddy jumped up and down a said come on back, so the poms did, then paddy got upset at that too, and wanted the poms out again. Now Rule britania and all that shyte, the poor old poms didn't know whether they were arthur or martha, so they just stuck around till paddy got his shyte together, on whether he wanted pommie rule or not. And I think the poms just gave up in the end and said, Ok guys go ahead and kill each other, in the name of your gods, but don't go blaming us, when your've finished. :beers:
And just to open another big can of worms, another little mate of mine is Vietnamese. So it is true I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. :lol:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 05:48:38 AM »
One of my greatest beliefs is

"if you have a problem with the what is happening in your 'old' country, leave it there, don't bring it here"
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12