Author Topic: Crap service  (Read 3348 times)

Offline wizud

• Board Homesteader!
Crap service
« on: August 10, 2005, 06:29:15 AM »
thought I'd make you aware of a problem I've been having with a local 'Suzuki Dealer'. Six weeks ago I went in to order some '05 tank badges to dress up the ride. Paid a deposit, they rang me three days later to say they arrived. In on saturday morning ,wrong ones. No problem, mistakes happen so re-order the right ones. Don't hear a thing for 10 days so I ring them and guess what? On back order! I asked why no-one called me - sorry didn't think of it. 2 weeks later still nothing so I go back in and puzzled young smart arse says don't know why we haven't got them, the computer says Suzuki have plenty. Promises to sort it out first thing monday and ring me. Tuesday 4:30 I ring him but he's on the phone and will call me back in 5. Two weeks later I go back in and PYSA says don't know what happened to the order but they haven't got them in yet. Then he tells me it's lucky they aren't an important item. I demanded my money back, went to Peter Stevens at Dandenong and Dan got them in for me the following day. Seems if you don't own a KTM or Seadoo  you aren't really important at BTX motorcycles at Fern tree gully :crackattack:  :soapbox:
If you can't ride today, try and have a good day anyway!

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Crap service
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 09:09:44 AM »
That sort of service seems to be coming reasonably common.

The local Suzuki dealer here in sunny downtown Wagga is getting that way.  If you're interested in a dirt bike you're laughing (so long as it's a KTM or a Honda) and if your after a road bike they'll point you to the Ducati's or the new KTM Duke.  Don't even think about ordering a Suzuki part today and getting in next week.  Hell, don't even think about buying a new Suzuki of them, they haven't had a new one on the floor for at least 12 months. That may explain why they could be loosing the Suzuki dealership.

The local Yamaha/Kawasaki dealer's not much better.  

The Moto Guzzi/Benelli dealer gives good service but it if you want genuine parts it'll take him a while, he is happy to sell you a non genuine part if that's want you want and he won't sell you something you don't REALLY need.  For example the Treasurer put the M750 in there for the 20,000km service and a new chain and sproket set.  Total cost $850.00.  We asked the mechanic what he thought about putting a dynajet kit/air box/air filter kit through it.  His advice "Wait until you've ridden it now the service has been done, but even then I reckon you'd only need a K&N or DNA filter, maybe.  The local Ducati dealer quoted $1000.00 for the service alone, the chain and sproket set was extra and said "You'll NEED a Dynajet kit/Air box and Filter kit - and look we'll do deal with you - the lot for say $2000.00".

My sister found it hard in Melbourne when she was looking for a new bike recently.  She had her heart set on a VTR1000 (to replace the one she lost in her divorce 3yr ago), but was prepared to look at the SV1000, Triumph Sprint RS etc.  Most dealers (Peter Stephens included) either wanted to sell her a 250 cruiser or said "yeah, here's the pamplets, take them home and when he's ready send your husband in".  This didn't go down all that well, particularly when my big 'sis can ride better than alot of the blokes I know can, but then again her favourite road when she had her last VTR1000 was the GOR.  Co-incidently she got her VTR1000, inspite of the salesman and thourougly enjoys it.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline Banned it.

• TURBO TYPER!
Crap service
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 04:09:30 AM »
I think it comes with owning a Suzuki. It took over 6 weeks to get a set of swing arm bearings for my 98 1200. None in Japan, finally sourced from NZ however Suzuki Aust. would not pay air freight so they came ordinary mail. These swing arm bearings are the same part used in the current model.

Offline wizud

• Board Homesteader!
Crap service
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 05:33:23 AM »
I work in a customer service area and I would be embarassed to treat people like these bozo's do. Burson Auto parts used to have a sign in every store that said 'customers make payday possible'. The world aint what she used to be! :banghead:
If you can't ride today, try and have a good day anyway!

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Crap service
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 06:26:42 AM »
The Treasurer was the Spare Parts and Accessory Manager for the local HD dealer, and she simply shakes her head at the morons that try and pass themselves of as Customer Service.

The local Suzuki (?) mob put on a couple of young blokes about 18 months ago, around the time my bike decided to have a lie down.  Anyway, after waiting 2 and half months, I sent her along to see what the hold up in parts was, and the young bloke didn't have a clue, anyway the owner was nearby and heard what was being said and went over to, initally, help the young lad out, then he saw who it was and turned on his heals and said something the to the effect of "young fella, you've dug the hole, you get out of it".  2 days later I got a phone "Mick, your bikes ready, you can come and pick it as soon as you like".

I've learnt my lesson.  I want something quickly I send the Treasurer.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
Crap service
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 07:14:22 AM »
Rick my man I know what your saying bloke. BTX is also my local suzuki dealer, they are to put it bluntly full of shyte. Stuff they have quoted me on 3 week back order as very often more than not in stock at Mick Hone in Box-Hill, personally I'm feed up to the back teeth with BTX. And to make matters worse Mick Hone is killing BTX in price too.
Another good place to try is my mate Mike at OCD racing in Oakleigh,  a good allround boy with great taste in Motorcycles, Suzukis and streetfighters :bigok: . 0408 491 668 oor ocdracing@hotmail.com.

And of course drop my name, yah never know, it might help, but it will not hinder. :beers:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.