Author Topic: I Want My Bandit Back  (Read 2877 times)

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
I Want My Bandit Back
« on: May 25, 2006, 06:04:44 AM »
Scored 2 weeks work filling in for a fellow courier, who has a fixed motorcycle courier run, while he has a holiday.
Even with the top temp just hitting the mid teens, and the morning starts in the mid to high single figures, its been ok.
But with the B6 the only bike in the shed setup for the courier tub, it was not long before I felt the longing to have it as my bike again. Its perky yet cheeky note from the carbon Remus can. The willingness to get up and get going, the down right, lightweight and funability of its handling.
Shyte been riding it for 4 days straight, and I'm sitting here thinking why would anyone give a B6 to the good woman :duh:
Maybe she should have the ZRX. :shock:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
I Want My Bandit Back
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 08:20:48 AM »
Sort of a sidenote to your lament:  It's interesting your mentioning the temperatures, since I was just wondering yesterday what they were there.  Our hot (not warm) weather is hitting this week, so I figured yours was cooling down.    So let's see...morning lows in the mid-to-high 40s and daytime highs around 60.
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
I Want My Bandit Back
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 12:23:15 AM »
Efen bit cool I would say my friend.
I just got back from the Dental Hospital in Town, having some work done on the fangs :crybaby: , anyway riding down the freeway this morning with a good old Melbourne fog cutting the old visual down just a tad, and also adding to the wind chill factor. No I take that Back, not efen cool, efen cold, pity me teeth aint on the end of me fingers, I wouldn't have felt a bloody thing.

Offline slo coach

• Board Homesteader!
I Want My Bandit Back
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 08:59:51 AM »
b6   ....do you like those new suzuki GSR600 s....ithink i do???
they are $10995 plus orc australian dollars,or gee they are $10995 nz dollars as well...most unusual...normally the bikes are 10% cheaper in oz but the aussie  dollar is about 82.that should mean ,either they are overpriced in aussie , or underpriced for the first time in history over here    
cheers slo

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
I Want My Bandit Back
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 09:23:28 AM »
Quote from: B6mick
...pity me teeth aint on the end of me fingers, I wouldn't have felt a bloody thing.

But imagine what would happen when you picked your nose?
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
I Want My Bandit Back
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 10:52:54 PM »
The thought of the snot gobbeling kids came to mind.
hey it would save one the trouble of getting the snot on to your finger then into your mouth. Would cut out the middle man so to speak :wink:

Yes Slo I do like the little baby B king.
If its half the bike the B6 is it would make a fine middle weight blaster.

But to be totally honest over the thirty odd years of riding I reckon the G1 B6N has got to be the single best Motorcycle I have ever owned, Its got the looks, its comfortable to ride in both city and country, and is more than happy to play in the tight stuff with so called sports bikes, and its happy to sit on the interstate Fwys. It singlularly fills the bill of everything I want in a motorcycle. Ok its not perfect off the showroom floor but how many are. So with a few simple mods, one has a spirited and fine handling bike. And no I do not think that I'm that good a rider that I can take on sports bikes, but its either, the B6 is good or there is lots and lots of shyte riders on sports bikes. :motorsmile:

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
I Want My Bandit Back
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 09:50:35 PM »
Yeah, I'm back, well for a little while anyway,

Effin Cold in Melbourne hey,  well this time Wagga has to take the cake.  Flew out to Sydney on Monday last week, work not pleasure, when I left home it was a wonderfully brisk -2C.  Thankfullly, I was driving not riding, I won't leave my pride and joy at the Airport, the car yes the bike NO.

As for giving the B6 to 'the good woman' I thought you gave it to the Minister of War.
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Please don't tell Donna I said that, I just couldn't resist. but I'd like to live a little longer please......

Speaking of Melbourne, I'll be down your way on Thursday and Friday, again work not pleasure.  Going to our IT Head Office in Doveton, or as one of the guys who works there says Dufftown.....
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
I Want My Bandit Back
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 04:08:17 AM »
Hello stranger.
Dufftown hmmmmm
Nice place, if ya get some sort of break at night give us a holla, catch up for a coffee. :stickpoke:
Mind you I might be the hard one to find, but I'll give you a hint I'm the skinny one, and My face is no longer home to the whole chin family.
And you may be able to recognize me buy the loose and illfitting clothing :grin: