Author Topic: keep to the left  (Read 2761 times)

Offline slo coach

• Board Homesteader!
keep to the left
« on: August 10, 2005, 08:42:44 PM »
i've been in surfers form a couple of weeks acclimateising? getting ready for the summer.

thinking about aussies comments on australian drivers in general.

alot of what are 50kph areas in nz are 70kph here and it feels quite fast the extra 20kph.

people here in general don;t walk on the left side of the footpath.they seem to walk were ever they feel like,and i dont want to seem like a whinger but its pissing me off.

only seen one bandit here,but loads of R1s.one after the other.i think the yamahas might be flavour of the day here ,with them doing better in the superbikes here ,but in nz i think we are a nation of fleas and buy things on price with nthe suzukis winnning on price so there are loads of them on the roads and winning more often on the tracks.

anyway ,i'm leaving this internet cafe and i'm going to get back on board my hire 50cc scooter automatic  and thrash it down to coolangatta.

cheers slo coach

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Re: keep to the left
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 10:47:30 PM »
Quote from: "slo coach"
i think the yamahas might be flavour of the day here ,with them doing better in the superbikes here ,but in nz i think we are a nation of fleas and buy things on price with nthe suzukis winnning on price so there are loads of them on the roads and winning more often on the tracks.

Maybe cuz the fastest Aussies are racing Suzukis in World & US Superbike... and cleaning house!  :bigok:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
keep to the left
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 07:37:04 AM »
Good on ya Slo, ha acclimateising :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: your so funny.

Bloke phillip island is at the south end of oz, its bloody snowing down there, at sea level. :shock:

Melb 4 degrees c the smog helps keep us warm, but add wind chill, bloody cold my friend.

Head back home and camp on the top of Mt Cook for a week to acclimateis. :beers:

Hey Rick did ya get a day off yesterday, you would have been snowed in up there.
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline scooter trash

• Board Homesteader!
  • Never Be The First To Get Old !
keep to the left
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 08:19:55 AM »
Snow ?!? It’s hard to think of snow when you get up at 04:30 AM and it’s already 80 degrees with 90% humidity. Supposed to go to 95 today with a heat index of 115. Of course in 6 months you’ll be talking about the beautiful warm weather and we’ll be freezing. Just amazing.
00 Red Bandit 1200S (Gone But Not Forgotten)
96 Red Harley Springer
04 Sportster
11 BMW R1200RT
scooters - in - the - wind

"Hollow Points" - From Those Who Care To Send The Very Best

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
keep to the left
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 04:07:36 AM »
Quote from: "scooter trash"
Snow ?!? It’s hard to think of snow when you get up at 04:30 AM and it’s already 80 degrees with 90% humidity. Supposed to go to 95 today with a heat index of 115. Of course in 6 months you’ll be talking about the beautiful warm weather and we’ll be freezing. Just amazing.

According to the weather baffoons, its a once in sixty year event, snowing down here at sea level.  Its kind of hard for us too, the sight of a beach covered in snow. :shock:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.