Author Topic: Mat is on the way!  (Read 3918 times)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Mat is on the way!
« on: April 30, 2006, 07:59:14 PM »
HEY DID YAWL SNEEK AN AUSIE Over or Under OUR SOUTHERN BOARDER into TX ??? Or can a yank from the south really ride that fast!!!  Mat will be on his way home with all his zuki $$$ shortly...    :stickpoke:  :beers:

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Mat is on the way!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 09:29:34 AM »
Unfortunately, we don't get much on the AMA here, even on Pay TV it's a bit scarce....and when they do show the AMA stuff it's six months old.

It's the same with the Pommy Supers as well, even the Aussie stuff is a month or so old....

Mind you they, Pay TV, do a good job with the World Supers (two Aussies beating everyone) and the MOTOGP.

Speaking of which where is Nicky Hayden from, you know they guy that rides a FACTORY Repsol Bike, been in MOTOGP for 3 years,  I believe he got beaten by a young Aussie on NON factory, privateer Honda and only been in MOTOGP for 3 races,  in fact I think he was 6 seconds behind the Aussie in question.

Oh, should I mention the other young Aussie that put an under powered, under developed Suzuki on Pole...something no yank, even one born in pommy land, hasn't been able to do since 2000....(When it was 2 stroke 500)
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Mat is on the way!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 10:09:33 AM »
Honest misstake not a Ho post or is that post ho'en  :beers:  :beers:

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Mat is on the way!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 10:11:50 AM »
Hey all true! I guess there is more talented, disciplined, hungry, young bike enthusiasts in and or from your island/country. You got to admit the Hayden's will hang with any no matter where they are from. Like Duhamel there has to be passion there to do it well past the piss and vinegar years! Mat is the king on the top rung! the only thing is on the top there is only one way to go.  :beers:  :beers:

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Mat is on the way!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 10:35:56 AM »
If he does make it back have a big welcome with the red carpet! I just hope he brings the Aussie talking little green lizard bastard that works for gecko/geico??? with him. we love Aussie over here, it must have been the Dundee movie! We like Jamaican's too! Anyone who butchers the Queens English I guess.. We who ever "we" are must love every one, we have enough of them here we just don't want to let the count be known.  :duh:   :duh:  :duh:  :beers:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Mat is on the way!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 12:01:51 PM »
Well, since you don't get a decent feed of current AMA racing, I'll fill you in... Poor Mat hasn't won a race since the opener at Daytona. His team mate, Ben Spies, has taken the last four races - and appears to be riding better than Mat. I guess Ben's new riding coach, Kevin Schwantz, has made a difference this year.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Mat is on the way!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 07:21:01 AM »
Shyte, well I suppose after 6 AMA championships it had to come to an end sooner or later.

Mind you, he did this a couple years ago didn't he.......lost the championship then came back the next year bigger and better than ever...we live in hope.

I don't think we have MORE talent than anyone else, maybe just a bit hungerier or our guys think they've got more to prove.  My old man used to describe some blokes as 'well balanced Australian's, they've got a chip in both shoulders.

You're right, Hayden is more than capable of hanging with anyone, in fact I hope he wins the championship and sends Rossi packing to F1 a looser.

You yanks are no doubt better a breeding champions than we are, hell you've had more of them.  I think the two biggest differences are that when one of ours comes good he simply dominates, then we have a long spell with no one coming through, and in order to get a ride overseas they HAVE to be better than everyone else 'cause there's sure as shyte no money in racing here.

I still hold on to the fact the Colin Edwards dad is an Aussie, shame he's not doing so well on the Yamaha....
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
Mat is on the way!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 07:52:31 AM »
Oh well all good things do and must come to an end.
But Ya gotta admit he has been blitzing your guys for quite some time.
I feel its just a pity your lot paid him so much for so long, he might have had a go at the World super bikes.
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Mat is on the way!
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 10:04:50 AM »
Quote from: "B6mick"
I feel its just a pity your lot paid him so much for so long, he might have had a go at the World super bikes.
Or Moto GP! He was asked that @ the beginning of the season, he said something like he was too old or past his peak! the way i heard it. Like air Jordan, don't ride it all the way into the ground. Leave while on top with all your glory and dignity. I hear he has a piece of all the importation of parts unlimited stuff into your country? I'm sure he will rebound and capture his 7th.. :beers:  :beers:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Mat is on the way!
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 03:12:39 PM »
Quote from: "aussiebandit"
Shyte, well I suppose after 6 AMA championships it had to come to an end sooner or later.

Mind you, he did this a couple years ago didn't he.......lost the championship then came back the next year bigger and better than ever...we live in hope.

That would have been 2002 - When Nicky Hayden won AMA Superbike.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Mat is on the way!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 03:27:13 PM »
Quote from: "B6mick"

I'm guessing his paycheck comes from Hamamatsu and Mother Suzuki felt it more important to keep him winning titles in the US where it would have a greater impact and paid him enough to stay and not jump ship with some other brand to go to a global series.

I think if you asked 2003 World Superbike champ Neil Hodgsen how tough the competition is here in the States, I think he'd tell you it's as hard, if not harder than the World level. He seems to have a tough time even making podium finishes here.

Since there doesn't seem to be any citizenship requirements to enter the AMA races we seem to attract great riders from all over the globe.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
Mat is on the way!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 11:06:41 PM »
I have it on good authority, that the only reason, he did not jump ships to either World super bike or to any other series, is that no-one came close to matching the pay packets he was pulling from Suzuki America.

And yes Mat, has a very lucrative motorcycle parts import business here.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Mat is on the way!
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 02:31:14 PM »
And if you keep winning and the paychecks are fat, why take a cut and go into the unknown?
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
Mat is on the way!
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 06:57:52 AM »
Well when ya put it like that.
Youre right, why would ya?
Sports ain't what they used to be, particularly motor sports, its all down to dollars and cents.

And his winning ways, for how many times now?, has done nothing to harm, his motorcyle parts importation enterprises.

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Mat is on the way!
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 03:17:56 AM »
Let's not loose sight of the fact that he's currently second and only 19 or so points off the lead, and the bloke leading him is his TEAM MATE.  So, if I was Benny Boy (Spies) I'd be checking to make sure that all the spark splugs are fitted properly.......

Slightly of topic, I'd like to have seen what happened between Mat and that whinging Pom Neil (I only won the championship because there was no-one else in it) Hodgson at the last round.....
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12