Author Topic: Queens Birthday, long weekend ride report  (Read 2233 times)

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
Queens Birthday, long weekend ride report
« on: June 11, 2007, 01:40:46 AM »
Firstly I must thank the Queen, for letting us low lives down under have a long weekend to celebrate her birthday, even if it isn’t her birthday. Secondly I have to thank the Victorian police, for not taking away my license, and for lightening our wallets to the tune of nearly $430.00. :taz:  
Other than that the minister and I had a great weekend, Blue skies, and dry roads for the most part.
Saturday morning saw us leaving home in the eastern burbs around 1030hrs, out on to the freeways and up the Calder Hwy till we hit Woodend, from there we followed the ranges west :motorsmile:  till we hit Stawell. Gassed up and provisions bought it was off post hast  :shock:  we had just on an hrs daylight left, and Roo hour was not far away either. Into Halls Gap where we turned off over the hills to our final stop at Troopers at Roses Gap. Pulled in there with as little as 15minutes before the sun dropped below the yard arm :bigdrink: .

Not a bad days ride, shore did scrub in those new tyres, which I might add, the ill handling Rex has indeed changed its spots, the pig that just didn’t want to turn in, now falls in, and behaves its self very very nicely, almost as good as the B6. Now both bikes are shod with shinko 009 rears and 005 fronts. :burnout:

Well the trip home, let’s just say we should have stayed that extra night at troopers. We hit some back Hwy looking for corners and some sweet roads. What we found was shyte roads, roads straighter than the Doom Hwy, and boredom. This is where Mr. Plod steps in,  :cop: just to break the monotony. And now with me sitting on 9 points the rest of the trip home was lest us just say very legal.  :stfu:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 07:58:56 AM »
And that is why I try and stay off the roads over long weekends.

the furthest we went was 15km out of town to go an look at Vintage and Veteran Cars and bikes - annual event in sunny downtown Wagga...
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 08:53:33 AM »
Oh I should have taken this opportunity to mention that I'll probably be off the air for the rest of this week.

Yeah, I'm going to Rockhampton and Townsville.

Booo, not for pleasure, for work.  So I'll get to see the airport, the road from the airport to the Workshop, the workshop.  The road from the Workshop to the hotel and ofcoarse the hotel and not much else.....

See you all next week......
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline SHEPPO

• Board Regular!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 07:08:48 PM »
the only riding i got in on the long weekend was a trip around the block to warm up the bike so i could check a few things..

didnt ride it into work thismorning, was 6 deg C and pouring rain and just plain miserable.. thats when i use the car (200kw RS-Turbo Liberty)  :grin:  not all bad.
Sheppo..

1990 Black Bandit 250 - stock (at the moment)