Author Topic: Ride Day!! Gippsland Weekend Ride November 25-26th 2006  (Read 2516 times)

Offline red-bandit

• New user!
Ride Day!! Gippsland Weekend Ride November 25-26th 2006
« on: October 14, 2006, 09:42:23 PM »
There's a weekend ride happening.

All types of bikes/sidecars welcome. You select an average speed for the course of the weekend and prizes will be awarded. You don't have to select a speed, you can come just for the fun!!

For all extra info please call Ian (03) 5147 2118 or Maurie (03) 5148 9263

Or email : itkennedy@net-teah.com.au

Rider & bike $130, Passenger $85. Fees include all meals Sat & accommodation Sat night (3 x dbl bunks in a dorm type setup) Sunday breakfast and Trophies & finishers medals presented 3rd Dec at Upper Beaconsfield Hotel Sunday lunch.

Be quick if interested as a late fee applies after 20th October. Sorry for the short notice, only just found out about it myself!

- Red :-)
Red Rides Again!
Sweet little 1996 Red GSF600S 38K on the clock!

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 02:29:36 AM »
Firstly welome Red, from a fellow Melbournite.
Sorry can not make it, those dates have been booked for a fishing trip, with my boys. But hey maybe next time cheers.
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline red-bandit

• New user!
Hi right back at ya!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 09:16:48 AM »
Too bad you can't make it but there's always next year!

Hope the fishing goes well.
You actually know where theres some water??  :lol:

-Red :-)
Red Rides Again!
Sweet little 1996 Red GSF600S 38K on the clock!

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 09:01:37 AM »
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it either -

as far as water is concerned - B6Mick obviously isn't coming up this way....

Wagga, for only the second time in living memory, is going on to water restrictions at the end of October.......big of us isn't it......

Dumb ass council wouldn't know if it's arse was on fire
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 06:17:17 AM »
Yes guys I've found water, and bloody heaps of it, shhhh don't tell anyone.
And I've found fish, bloody big fish. Trout, Bass, salmon, all trophy sized stuff too. Now is all I've got to do is get a few of them to take my bait :duh: Where, not telling. :beers:  :bigok:

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 09:01:28 AM »
Quote from: B6mick
Yes guys I've found water, and bloody heaps of it, shhhh don't tell anyone.
And I've found fish, bloody big fish. Trout, Bass, salmon, all trophy sized stuff too. Now is all I've got to do is get a few of them to take my bait :duh: Where, not telling. :beers:  :bigok:

The fish shop doesn't count  :duh:  :duh:
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 07:04:33 AM »
Now Now Aussie, I know I advocate he who cheats best wins, but where's the fun in that. Just because they who live out the back of butt F*#* Idaho, have to use sticks of jelly just to catch a stinkin fat mud guzzling carp or yella belly. :monkeymoon:
Ok I'm not a refind gentleman, who would only go fly fishing, me I like finding a good spot, throwing a few baited lines, and kicking back and relaxing, while the little maggots I use for bait drown. If I catch one yeha, if I don't, I can at least say I relaxed for a few hours. Something that is getting harder and harder to find time for these days.

I no I'm getting off subject, but the courier bussiness is up for sale, hope to sell around xmas, if it don't sell for what we reckon its worth ( with the input of the accountant, so we have knocked back the offer thats been put on the table), we will hire someone next year to run and manage it. When junior is born we are off like robbers dogs for a 3 month holiday, heading north to a magnetic Island and go see some sights. Then knuckle down, to a new run in Albury on a 3 month trial. By 12 months we'll know if we are going to stick it out, hoping to do 24 months and build the run up to a good seller, like what we done here. The company we work through has a plan to be Aust wide, as well as in every major regional centre by 2011, we see, a real chance to build up runs from scratch, and sell, and move on to the next.

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 07:31:24 AM »
I really shouldn't hang shyte on you for fishing......

I've got around $1000 worth of rods, waders, lures, spinners etc etc sitting in the shed waiting for the day that I get enough time to use them again......

I used to like wading up and down the little streams around Tumut throwing bits of metal, rubber and plastic at the trout.  Occaisonally I was lucky enough to hook one.

Why did I stop this most relaxing past time.  Well my 3yr old turned in to a 12 year old and my not yet even thought of turned into a 6yr old and suddenly I was spending my weekends standing on the side of sporting fields watching them play soccer, softball, baseball, cricket or whatever is was they wanted to do.  

Now, the 12yr old is nearly a 17yr old and doesn't really want or need his dear old dad hanging around all the time and then 6yr old is 11 and doesn't have the patiance for fishing - he'd rather be pillion on the B12 going through some real nice twisty bits  - and, just quitely, so would I.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12