Author Topic: SHINKO TESTED  (Read 4646 times)

Offline 2RRS

• TURBO TYPER!
SHINKO TESTED
« on: March 27, 2006, 06:31:52 AM »
Well had my first real hit out with the new shinko tyres this morning and what a difference they make. 150ks of sedate riding  :wink:  and no bacon in site.
The first thing i notice was no more fighting the front end when cold warm or hot - easy in and out of corners be it smooth or bumpy with or without camber (  the bike just got better ) no more slips or chatter or just plain worrying if i am going to make it through.
The bike at last feels like a real bike ( damn those macs ) nuetral in all respects and so easy to handle.
They might not last as long but at this point who cares better the skin on me with a huge grin.
As for the sedate riding well you already know.  :grin:
One happy chappy
K3 1200 - Blue
2012 Hayabusa - Black
K5  1200  LE - RIP

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
SHINKO TESTED
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 07:14:27 AM »
B6Mick swears by the Shinko's, so I'm not surprised that you like them too.

I have to say though, the Macadam rear is not a bad tyre, but I would never put another Macadam on the front again.

As a posted elsewhere, I changed the front Mac very early in the piece but didn't change the rear until it had reached it's limit.  Just by putting the Metzler M1 on the front with the Mac on the rear absolutely transformed the bike.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ipswich heading out towards the west, with hills and corners.. you'll have to forgive me, I've been to Brisbane 4 times but 3 of those was for work and all I saw was the road from the Airport to the Workshop to the Motel and back again.  The only non work trip I did was for a funeral and that was 10 years ago.  But I have some recolection that Ipswich wasn't far from what looked like good bike roads
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline 2RRS

• TURBO TYPER!
SHINKO TESTED
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 07:31:36 AM »
Some of the best in the country - what ever you want we have.
K3 1200 - Blue
2012 Hayabusa - Black
K5  1200  LE - RIP

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
SHINKO TESTED
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 01:29:28 PM »

Which ones? 009's?
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline 2RRS

• TURBO TYPER!
SHINKO TESTED
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 04:14:06 AM »
003 front--  005 rear
K3 1200 - Blue
2012 Hayabusa - Black
K5  1200  LE - RIP

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
SHINKO TESTED
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 05:16:38 AM »
Quote from: "2RRS"

That could start an arguement or 3 - I think the Snow Mountains have the best roads in the country - and it's not so hot that you can't wear decent safety gear.

:stickpoke:
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline 2RRS

• TURBO TYPER!
SHINKO TESTED
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 06:30:11 AM »
Each to there own when it comes to roads - me i like them all
As for heat have had blisters on my knees after one 2 hour ride a few months back - full gear at 44c    hot as
K3 1200 - Blue
2012 Hayabusa - Black
K5  1200  LE - RIP

Offline Cruisecontrol

• Board Homesteader!
SHINKO TESTED
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 06:48:51 AM »
Quote from: "aussiebandit"

I have to say though, the Macadam rear is not a bad tyre

I had nothing but trouble with the macadam rear tyre. It was always very loose coming out of corners. I didn't notice how bad the front was till I put a new set of tyres on and realised how good it could be.

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
SHINKO TESTED
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 06:49:13 AM »
You can keep that,

I now follow principle that if it's to hot to wear the right gear comfortably, then it's too hot to be on the bike...

Having ridden for 3 hrs in 40+ with full gear a couple of years ago, I swore I'd never do it again.  I ended up with 4 days off work due to heat stress and dehydration.......never ever will I do it again....I'd much rather ride in the cold.

As for liking all roads, I do draw the line at long boring streches of freeway..but sometimes you have no choice....
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
SHINKO TESTED
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 11:08:36 PM »

That could start an arguement or 3 - I think the Snow Mountains have the best roads in the country - and it's not so hot that you can't wear decent safety gear.

Ref to post "bloody hot up here"

All I can say is thank god for them new ewe beaut, flow though safety gear. Trust me 37 c up in the snowies is like, efen hot. Got agreed with ya Mick the snowies, and most of the roads leading up to them are shyte hot, and we spend most christmas holidays up there. But tassie has some ripper roads, Vic has some awesome rides, short and long, the two spurs is a great heart starter, and the bright to bairnsdale rd is over the top, (sorry about the pun). Queelsand does have a couple good ones, but NSW takes the cake, all the way back and forth across the great divide from the south all the way to the northern border.
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
SHINKO TESTED
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 07:07:52 AM »
Quote from: "Cruisecontrol"

I have to say though, the Macadam rear is not a bad tyre

I had nothing but trouble with the macadam rear tyre. It was always very loose coming out of corners. I didn't notice how bad the front was till I put a new set of tyres on and realised how good it could be.

I never, ever had a problem with the rear, once it was warm and yes it did take a while to warm up....
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
SHINKO TESTED
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 07:13:11 AM »
Quote from: "B6mick"

Ref to post "bloody hot up here"

All I can say is thank god for them new ewe beaut, flow though safety gear. Trust me 37 c up in the snowies is like, efen hot. Got agreed with ya Mick the snowies, and most of the roads leading up to them are shyte hot, and we spend most christmas holidays up there. But tassie has some ripper roads, Vic has some awesome rides, short and long, the two spurs is a great heart starter, and the bright to bairnsdale rd is over the top, (sorry about the pun). Queelsand does have a couple good ones, but NSW takes the cake, all the way back and forth across the great divide from the south all the way to the northern border.

But lets face it, the last couple of summers have been unusually hot - particularly in my part of the world.

Oh and another thing that NSW has over Vic - not as many speed cameras - but then again we do have double demerit/double fine weekends - and a state government that is intent on taxing the shyte out of us - they now don't just have Stamp Duty when buying a house, but the person selling also pays a tax - sorry just venting -
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline slo coach

• Board Homesteader!
SHINKO TESTED
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 03:14:00 AM »
when my original macadam rear started to get worn my bike was handling in a way in which it had never done before,and i remember stopping on several occassions to check that nothing was loose ,on the rear wheel axle etc.the bike when it got to a certain lean angle dropped further but not smoothly.when it rolled off the flat tyre edge..the day i put 2 new tyres on it,it was a different bike and rode perfect for me..with avon azuros it tracks perfect through high speed sweepers,but it was slower to turn in on tighter corners,one of my old mates a month ago in the south island on a 04 g2 dropped it and wrote it off with with a new set of shinkos on it,but is adamant it was a 700km day and not the shinkos to us,but his mate who is the importer of shinkos got another version for a laugh,but the person who dropped the bike spoke highly of them and he is seriously on the pace still.cheers slo

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
SHINKO TESTED
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 07:23:01 AM »
I to have thrown the B6 away with the shinko's on, and I know it was the tyres fault, brain drain after a long day behind the bars couriering, would be about the best excuse I can came up with, other than the truth, Rider error. :duh: Amd there ain't no tyre that can make up for that.
Fact number (1) shyte happens.

BTW, nice to see ya gracing the pages again slo.
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline jbrough7

• Highway Goddess
  • Board Homesteader!
SHINKO TESTED
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2006, 08:49:41 AM »
Weird!  I'd kill to be riding in hot weather and you guys yearn for the cold!  How about a swap?

Jim