Author Topic: Sydney outage, dodgy Internets, bonus points license weekend  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Dundee

• Board Homesteader!
Sydney outage, dodgy Internets, bonus points license weekend
« on: September 28, 2006, 11:48:49 PM »
What an ordinary week! First my (good value high-limit) DSL dies cause the boss of the network provider is a greedy bugger, 30.000 people without internet. I'm moving in a few weeks so I can't churn or get broadband back on (or my $$ back).
Then trees come down in our street from the wind, no power from lunch Sunday to monday night - missed the GP! Now I've hooked up the mighty 56k :sad: but look out the window - no riding this weekend because of the "3 times a year police work", book you for sneezing.
Bugger me :boohoo:  :boohoo: Rubbish!
Mick
2001 GSF1200S

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 01:57:17 AM »
One of the blokes I work with was saying he lost the roof from his carport - but found it again - next door......it was torrid weekend in Sydney - we had a mixed bag here.......

As for your DSL, well what can I say - people reckon I'm stupid for sticking with bigpond, but to be honest I've never had a problem that wasn't caused by my own stupidity..... :duh:
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline Dundee

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 02:40:28 AM »
re big pond, I did the math to see what I could get as far as download limit - at what I've been paying per month it would be about 70% less GB, and the extra fees were like $300/month! Obviously you wouldn't go that way, but still!
Mick
2001 GSF1200S

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 04:27:19 AM »
We're with Bigpond ADSL it costs us $59.95 per month for unlimited downloads @ 256kbps/64kbps, that's with it linked to the house phone and wife's mobile (I keep my mobile separate for work).
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 06:58:29 AM »
Ha, we still stuck on dial up, why? you may ask. Hows this we are in the middle of the Burbs in Aust 2nd biggest city, and we can not get ADSL or Broadband, because now get this we live to far away from the nearest exchange. Thats not just with Bigpond, its with all the suppliers big, small, all. Now that gotta shyte ya. We can get cable tv, but no cable internet. :duh:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 07:43:41 AM »
That's just silly - shyte people in Uranquinty, Burrumbuttock, Wantebadgery, Gumly Gumly, Coolamon etc can all get Broadband - but in the 'burbs of sunny downtown Melbourne you're stuck with dial up :duh:  :duh:  :banana:  :banana:  :duh:  :duh:
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12