Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 11474 times)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
I'm back!
« on: May 15, 2005, 04:35:47 PM »
Wow - what a great time!  It was so great to meet and ride with everyone.   The roads were awesome.  There are lots of stories - some may even be true.  :motorsmile:  They will have to wait 'til the honey-do list gets a little shorter.  

Special thanks to Pete for being a fantastic host, to Brian/Roamr for leading some kick-ass rides and Banditboy600/Kevin for the ride and company down and back.

Man, I'm still psyched from that ride yesterday!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline GaryB12VA

• Board Homesteader!
I'm back!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 06:33:16 PM »
Just got back home myself about 30 min. ago. Got the bike unloaded and the trailer stowed.

Had a great time. Met many new members and renewed acquiantances with previous attendees.

Thanks Pete for all your hard work. Sorry you didn't get to ride more.

Looking forward to our next get-together  :beers:
'06 FJR 1300A

"The person who says it can't be done shouldn't interrupt the person who is doing it"

Offline sloper10

• Board Homesteader!
home again...
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 08:16:46 PM »
I am safely home also....great new friends, extremely outstanding rides.....stories yet untold...my compliments to Romar also....that man can pick a road......Pete for pulling it all together when he should have been in bed.......and Jim in Cleveland...wack to the back of your head just because you deserve it.... :thanks:  to all... :motorsmile:
2007 Kawasaki KLR650...good fun..

2005 Turbo Hayabusa....pushing 400hp...sometimes a scary ride...

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
I'm back!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 09:35:03 PM »
Oh - I did get a few decent pics.  I'll try to get them posted this week.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
I'm back!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 09:38:33 PM »
Me, too!

Got home this afternoon, and crawled into bed..........

Thanks to everyone who showed up, and those who helped pick my big butt up off the ground Friday night, and the Ohio guys for loading my stuff up this morning.

(Long story...)

As usual, the nature of the rally is defined by the great people who show up, and not solely the weather or the roads!
 :thanks:

Some pix, and even a short movie, (when I figure out how to edit it...) later....
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline fracl

• Highway Goddess
  • Board Regular!
    • http://cyclestuff.tripod.com
home again
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 10:30:16 PM »
The Hillbilly contingent is home in the requisite no. of pieces. Had r**n most of the way back (a waste of some fine roads) but El Wayne and I both had a superfine time. Now if we can just get Pistol Pete's methadone dosage regulated...

Great seeing all the 'old' Banditos and meeting the 'new' members of our little fambly...a special hidy to Captain Canada (Wayne from Ontario)--we had a fun ride Thurs. evening after the white stuff (fog, not snow) finally went away. A loud raspberry to the Rowdy Robinson Clan--they won every other door prize offered; and all with the same 3 ticket numbers. That's just NOT RIGHT... :shock:

So what's the date for our fall rally???     :banana:
"..not all who wander are lost.."

Offline sloper10

• Board Homesteader!
pic...
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 10:35:30 PM »
one pic to get started...

from the left...Rob, Mike, Kevin & me...and yes, it was a tad slick...

edited to add:  and Bryan the Romar behind the camera....

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
I'm back!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 07:36:03 PM »
made it home on sat night around 1:40 am. had a great time, roads were good when they were dry. had fun anyways. willvill is a nice place. great to see the regulars, and nice to have met the new faces. that was a good ride sloper. a little wet but fun. i had a fun ride home!!  :shock:  first 130 miles were nice and sunny, warm. then a bit of water on the road ok, i can deal with that. then light rain. ok not to bad. then it got dark. light rain now is a slight pain, then i stop to get gas. get on the road just outside of mossy W.V. hard rain, the painful kind, and it got cold, windy. ok now i am not to happy. then around charleston i hit some thunder storms, with a little hail. this was not fun slowed me down to 50 or so. road it out and by parkersberg? on the ohio border it stopped. got into ohio and it was just wet roads. by new philly it was 49 and damn cold being wet. pulled off took a short break to warm up topped of fuel again and made it home just before 2 am. got unreal mpg on the way home. was running 65 to 70 most of the way in 6th gear turning 4250rpm. on avg. i would say i was near 48mpg most of the way home. fun rally bad ride home maybe i should have stayed till sunday :duh:

mike
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline one2ride

• Board Regular!
I'm back!
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 07:37:41 PM »
WOW!!  
I can’t say thanks enough.  I had a wonderful time at the rally.  You guys know how to have a good time.  Pete you’re a great host.  Even wile sick you looked after everyone to make sure they were having a good time.  Your one tuff  SOB.  I rode back with a smile thinking about  the rides and the new friends I had met.  
Thanks, Mike from Wisconsin
Gravity is your friend but don’t let it get you down.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
I'm back!
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 08:10:25 PM »
Mike and Mike - Glad to see that you both made it home safely.  That sounds like a helluva ride, speedy.  

Time for one quick story, since Mike from WI posted...

On Saturday, the roads were dry and Roamr was leading a small group through one of the best stretches of road all weekend - tight twisties, one turn right after another.  We weren't Rossi-fast but we were carving it up pretty good, I thought.  Mike (WI) was in front of me.  He's on a B12 with a 3-case Givi setup still on the bike.  I'm pushing reasonably hard concentrating on my lines.  Mike had his sattelite radio on - I could tell because he was kind of dancing with his bike in between turns.  The guy is so SMOOTH.  Really fun to watch.  Mid-turn, in a tight left-hander I believe, he reaches down with his hand and touches the center line!  Never missed a beat.  :shock:

Later that night, he, Roamr and I went back out for a quick run up and down 614 (a kick-ass short run right by camp that ends in 'town').  I had been feeling pretty good about the way I had ridden that day and I think those guys went and had dinner while they were waiting for me to finish.  Those two were FAST!  

Well, I guess that was kind of two stories.   :wink:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline ratbike05

• Board Homesteader!
I'm back!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 03:32:22 PM »
Hi All!  I just got registered so finally able to post.  I had a great time and can't wait to do it again next year.  I met a bunch of great people and enjoyed the rides even though I was bringing up the rear.  Hopefully next year I will be riding a more reliable bike.  Sloper10, I will take that slap to the back of the head and watch out for that Christian Bluegrass music!  :boohoo:  :bslap:  

Too bad we can't get this board to play dueling banjos for Roamr.
Wait for me!!

Jim

97 Bandit 600

Offline sloper10

• Board Homesteader!
rusty nails...
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 10:30:33 PM »
Quote from: "ratbike05"
Hi All!  I just got registered so finally able to post.  I had a great time and can't wait to do it again next year.  I met a bunch of great people and enjoyed the rides even though I was bringing up the rear.  Hopefully next year I will be riding a more reliable bike.  Sloper10, I will take that slap to the back of the head and watch out for that Christian Bluegrass music!  :boohoo:  :bslap:  

Too bad we can't get this board to play dueling banjos for Roamr.

Hey Jim!  ratbike05, I like it.... you are the man...Next year at Christophers Pizza and Friday Night Hallelujah Emporium....You, Wandrr and me have a date with that bucktooth lass..... :boohoo:  :stickpoke:  :banana: and yeah, we'll take roamr along too....

Offline KX5000

• Board Homesteader!
I'm back!
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 11:29:03 PM »
Had a great weekend, Lou, Rob and I took the parkway all the way up to the skyline drive on the way home, streched the ride out and stayed over at another campground halfway home. The BRP was a nice ride we ran about 70 most of the way, not too fast but nice and smooth with lots of sweepers.  I even had time to stop off and waych my brother race in coatesville. Thanks Pete for putting the rally together. I hope to spend more time at the rally next year. I can't wait.   :beers:
3 Kids
2 Dogs
1 Wife
NO problem!(yeah right!!)

Offline ratbike05

• Board Homesteader!
Re: rusty nails...
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2005, 01:58:37 PM »
Hey Lynn!  That sounds like a plan!  I can feel myself being saved already!   :beers:   Roamr will just have to watch himself so he's not doing this  :monkeymoon:   I know, I know  SLAP TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD!   :bslap:

Hey Jim!  ratbike05, I like it.... you are the man...Next year at Christophers Pizza and Friday Night Hallelujah Emporium....You, Wandrr and me have a date with that bucktooth lass..... :boohoo:  :stickpoke:  :banana: and yeah, we'll take roamr along too....[/quote]
Wait for me!!

Jim

97 Bandit 600

Offline wndrr

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: rusty nails...
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 09:00:25 PM »
Quote from: "ratbike05"
Hey Lynn!  That sounds like a plan!  I can feel myself being saved already!   :beers:   Roamr will just have to watch himself so he's not doing this  :monkeymoon:   I know, I know  SLAP TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD!   :bslap:

Like Romer could ever be saved at te frist strum of a banjo he'd be half way back to Cleveland

but it would be fun to watch  :beers:
97 B12
84 Shadow 700