Author Topic: Ohlins Shock, to fit 1st Gen.  (Read 8646 times)

Offline China Greg

• Board Homesteader!
  • Tighten it 'til it Loosens then back-off 1/4 turn
Re: Ohlins Shock, to fit 1st Gen.
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 01:27:54 PM »
... too "American".. well, err, I suppose that probably means being Euro-Insensitive, when I referred to a particular set of chatters as "limp tea drinkers" after two or three solid pages of a guy named "Mr Biggles" exchanging endless, cutsie fluff with two other ..chaps. All I really wanted was more discussion about the topic in question, (the new Honda CB1100R concept bike shown at Tokyo recently).
I thought I was being kind of "cheeky" and humorous.. they didn't seem to feel that way and UNLOADED on "the YanK'. One Aussie dude let loose a firehose of anti-american epithets. I didn't think I'd gotten THAT sarcastic; seems they disagreed.
Black '98 B12S, JE 1216cc bore kit, port work, Yosh RS3, Ivan jetting, drag bars, modified Corbin Gunfighter, Hyperpro shock, Racetech Gold valve kit, stainless lines, Wave rotors, polished wheels, fender eliminator, bar-end mirrors, NEP throttle lock, Adaptiv TPX radar detector...140K miles

Offline China Greg

• Board Homesteader!
  • Tighten it 'til it Loosens then back-off 1/4 turn
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2007, 10:12:01 PM »
Gaz-
Dale Walker suggested a 1216cc bore kit and some "light headwork".. including "making sure the valves seat tightly".

You have a lot of engine mods.. what's your feeling about keeping good road dependability (we get occasional traffic jam-ups in summertime, on the US Northeast roads).. while acheiving a solid performance PUNCH? Do you have heat problems with all your mods? Which ones do you think are critical to power gain?
Thxs
Black '98 B12S, JE 1216cc bore kit, port work, Yosh RS3, Ivan jetting, drag bars, modified Corbin Gunfighter, Hyperpro shock, Racetech Gold valve kit, stainless lines, Wave rotors, polished wheels, fender eliminator, bar-end mirrors, NEP throttle lock, Adaptiv TPX radar detector...140K miles

Offline redbandit12

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2007, 09:07:49 AM »
my question is witch shock works best on the 1st gen 1200's? busa or gsxr1100 i have both

Offline terrebandit

• Board Homesteader!
    • Daves Bandit Group
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2007, 11:15:54 AM »
my question is witch shock works best on the 1st gen 1200's? busa or gsxr1100 i have both

For me the choice wouldn't be about which of these two worked best.  Rather, it would be about which shock didn't require me to hack off a chuck of my bike to make it fit...  :stop:
My Bandit(s) -click here  >={{{*>
2000 B12S "Good Ole Bob"
____ o7o____o7o ___Ride Safe!

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2007, 04:03:28 AM »
I went and did it. I bought a hayabusa shock off of ebay.  If it all works out, it will be here in a few days with a total cost of $30.
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!

Offline redbandit12

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2007, 03:00:48 PM »
what needs to be cut off to make the busa shock fit on the 1st gen? any got any pics of this mod?

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 01:41:58 PM »
On Maximum Suzuki, there is a thread where they are talking about 1st gen bandits with pictures.
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!