Author Topic: No Official Suzuki Screen for 1250  (Read 2865 times)

Offline SteelD

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • Route 66 in 2010
No Official Suzuki Screen for 1250
« on: August 07, 2007, 08:48:37 AM »
I wrote to Suzuki UK over a number of issues including lack of info on their web site (being out of date), mismatched colours on accessories, poor quality on top case (lock barrel fell out on first ride and latch keeps jamming if you secure it by pressing where it says 'PRESS') and lack of touring screen.

SUK's response was pathetic - they were 'disappointed' to hear of my troubles but made no indication whether a) their disappointment also meant 'concern' and b) how they plan to resolve my issues.

They also said that there was insufficient demand to introduce an alternative screen. What !?!

I'm not impressed - great bike let down by poor support through their importers/distributors. I plan to write to Suzuki Japan next...
David
Bandit 1250SAK7 Graphite Metallic Blue (YLE)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 10:34:53 AM »
D.... I don't know much about topcases...  :lol:

But at least here in the US, in the flyer my dealer gave me, there is an "official" Suzuki accessory windscreen available for $69.95 usd.

Part # 990A0-30000

The description reads: "This double bubble style windshield gives the Bandit standard sport bike even better cruising comfort."

Jeez, who writes these things? Some Japanese dude? The description raises  more questions and creates more confusion than it's worth.  :roll:

Anyway, it's a lousy pic but it doesn't look like a "double bubble" to me... it looks a lot like the stock one only about 4" taller. It doesn't say whether it comes in anything other than clear.
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline SteelD

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • Route 66 in 2010
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 02:31:24 PM »
The Euro market Suzuki screen was meant to be a clear version of the MRA Vario screen which I particularly fancied as MRA only do a smoke version for themselves.
David

Offline SteelD

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • Route 66 in 2010
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 03:55:06 AM »
Has anybody seen an official Suzuki screen?
David

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 11:14:18 AM »
Ya know, this whole "lack of accessories" thing by Suzuki generally makes me want to throw up.
H-D is making an absolute fortune selling accessories to ALL comers......but Suzuki just doesn't get it. Not even a crummy Bandit tee shirt at the dealers....
I think they used to offer a ball cap....but not everyone wears a hat......whereas most people have tee shirts. Heck, I can't remember the last time I saw even a generic Suzuki tee shirt at a dealer. :shock:
Suzuki's marketing department really should pull its collective head out..... :wink:
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline KenB

• Board Homesteader!
    • Ken's Home Site
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 06:27:22 PM »
It's starting to make its way here:

http://www.suzukimegastore.com/

I ordered a full set of Suzuki luggage today -- top case, side cases and mounting hardware -- and I called them first to make sure it was all in stock. It was. Should have everything middle of next week. Talk to Scott - he was terrific.  :grin:
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 12:14:39 AM »
Thanks for the link, KenB.
However, for some strange reason, Suzuki will NOT offer any Bandit-specific "casual apparel" of ANY type. I guess the Bandit is the orphan of the Suzuki family...... :sad:  :wink:
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings