Author Topic: 1250/ABS Today  (Read 2967 times)

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
1250/ABS Today
« on: June 06, 2007, 10:56:50 AM »
I wrote:  Yeah, as more get 1250's, there will be a lot of info on this board. I don't know when I will get my bike, ordered it June 1, but dealer is a friend and said he may be able to get one to trade with another dealer, but they are already getting popular and other dealers may be reluctant to trade for something they already have. I told him to order it, no problem.

My dealer friend called last night and said he will send his guy out with my 1250/ABS this morning around 11:00 CDT.  It is now 8:59 as I write this.  His latest shipment came in Monday with one 1250/ABS. I will post my thoughts as we go along.  Rider and Cycle World have had good stuff to say about the 1250.  I have really enjoyed this site.  Lots of help and info for everyone.  Good stuff.   :grin:
If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
1250/ABS Today
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 11:10:58 AM »
:congrats:  That was quick!

Many of us are curious about the ABS. Mine doesn't have it for three reasons...

1. It seemed like extra weight, another complicated system to worry about, and cost more.

2. I would have had to wait another month

3. I wanted black!

But if the ABS bikes would have arrived in the U.S. first, I probably would have went for it anyway.  :bandit:

BTW... be careful on that thing at first, it's a lotta torque!  :motorsmile:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline leedogg

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.fquick.com/Leedogg
1250/ABS Today
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 09:33:34 PM »
Awesome!  Welcome to the 1250 club!   :congrats:
1996 Trans Am- Stock as a rock - NOT.  408rwhp/397rwtq.
2004 GMC Yukon XL - The family/Trans Am hauler
1992 Silverado - Future tow vehicle.
2007 Bandit 1250S - first ever bike- I love it!

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
1250/ABS Today
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 11:51:21 PM »
As I said, I got the Bandit today.  It had one mile on it as it was taken out of the crate yesterday.  They took it for a short test ride.  I took it down the street for a 2 mile ride, then put it in the barn and took these pics.  I then put a battery charger cable on it so I can hook it up to a charger when not riding.  Left it on until 6pm when I headed out to the Wednesday night get together at the local ice house.  There were 150 HD and me... :lol:   They looked, with muffeled comments...One HD guy said to another, "Is that fast?"  A third HD guy, who also has a GXR1000, said "He has six gears, he could outrun you in 2nd and not hit his red line".  They looked at him and then me and wandered off to look at some more bikes.  I rode it home around 9:30pm and put it to bed with 39 miles on it.

My comments for 39 miles...TORQUE MONSTER,  :taz:  STRONG AS TEN POUNDS OF GARLIC AND SMOOTH AS MY WIFE'S BUTT WAS 48 YEARS AGO.... :lol:  

This is a winner, guys.  I know you know it, as you have had yours several months.  I think I will put a taller windshield on it soon.  I will brake it in in a week or two, but really think this will be an outstanding bike and the most bang for the buck!  More later.  The pics are just like you folks have posted, but... :grin:

ABS is $500 more and it should work well according to the Rider magazine article.   I have a friend with Gold Wing with ABS and it saved his bacon several times.  He is a year around rider and rides everywhere he goes.  I have not seen him in a car in three years.  He puts 35-40 thousand on his Wing a year...rides all over the states on business.  He swears by ABS.  

My comment:  If it saves me one time, it is worth a lot more than $500....

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
1250/ABS Today
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 11:58:22 PM »
Nice!  :congrats: She's a real beaut!

I really like the metallic gray frame with that awesome blue. It looks better in your pics than the promo pics I've seen by far.  :bigok:

I ordered an MRA Vario Touring screen for mine. It should be here early next week... about the time I'll be ready to ride again! I'll let ya'll know how it works out.

Yep. I'm figuring this bike to last me a good 5 years at least... maybe ten. She's a keeper.  :wink:

I loved the comment the HD/Gixxer guy made about you outrunning the other guy's Hardley in second gear without hitting redline... funny thing is, it's true!  :lol:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline leedogg

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.fquick.com/Leedogg
1250/ABS Today
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 01:18:13 AM »
NICE!  We told ya about the TQ!  it is astounding!  One of my friends had a 1700cc Warrior- and when he rode mine- he was amased at how it pulled like a freight train in 6th!  told me that he really didn't expect that out of a I-4.

Almost bought a ABS myself....but the better deal for me was at the dealer that had the non abs one.
1996 Trans Am- Stock as a rock - NOT.  408rwhp/397rwtq.
2004 GMC Yukon XL - The family/Trans Am hauler
1992 Silverado - Future tow vehicle.
2007 Bandit 1250S - first ever bike- I love it!

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
1250/ABS Today
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 01:23:55 AM »
Quote from: "George Lewis"
As I said, I got the Bandit today.

Ooooh, pretty....midnight blue...... (drool)
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
1250/ABS Today
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 11:52:42 AM »
Thanks, Guys.  I think I will really like this bike.  Yes, it is sure different than my GW trike...

Zenman, be sure and let us know about your new windshield.  I will get one after I read your post if you like it.  The wind is a little more than I need, especially this winter.  I sit up high and it hits me in the face...I am 6'4" so I really get it...

Trying to brake it in per the book, keeping it below 4500 rpm and varing the rpms as I go.  With just 39 miles on it, I have some riding to do.  This weekend is a bummer, wife wants to go visit friends.... :taz:

On well, Monday is another day.  Later  GHL