Author Topic: Aftermarket Windshields?  (Read 4297 times)

Offline ShadowWolf

• TURBO TYPER!
Aftermarket Windshields?
« on: March 22, 2005, 01:52:46 AM »
Does anyone know a site where I can order an aftermarket windshield for a 96' 600S? My OEM windscreen/shield has a crack at the bottom and it's really bugging me. I also want to change it up a little bit. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
" A man steals from me, I cut off his hand. If he lies to me, I cut out his tongue. If he stands up against me, I cut off his head, stick it on a pike and lift it up for all to see." -Bill The Butcher

Offline ShadowWolf

• TURBO TYPER!
Aftermarket Windshields?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 03:32:04 AM »
I guess I can fix the cracked piece with some kind of glue and I also saw that a member on this site painted their windscreen black with gloss paint and it turned out pretty cool looking. I was just thinking though how would that effect my driving with a blacked out windscreen..hmmmm. Probably won't make a big difference and it's not like it really protects me from the wind all that much anyway lol.
" A man steals from me, I cut off his hand. If he lies to me, I cut out his tongue. If he stands up against me, I cut off his head, stick it on a pike and lift it up for all to see." -Bill The Butcher

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Aftermarket Windshields?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 05:22:53 AM »
National Cycle,
Rifle,
Zero Gravity
and Secdem
all make screens in various shapes and shades for the 1G B6/12. (Secdem's only North American dealer is in Canada, but I've heard their service is top notch.)

It's OK to paint the OEM screens because you don't normally look thru them, but over them. The cooler looking painted ones are painted from the inside, so if yours is cracked and you repair it, it would likely still show unless you painted the outside.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ShadowWolf

• TURBO TYPER!
Aftermarket Windshields?
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 10:52:18 AM »
Quote from: "Red01"
National Cycle,
Rifle,
Zero Gravity
and Secdem
all make screens in various shapes and shades for the 1G B6/12. (Secdem's only North American dealer is in Canada, but I've heard their service is top notch.)

It's OK to paint the OEM screens because you don't normally look thru them, but over them. The cooler looking painted ones are painted from the inside, so if yours is cracked and you repair it, it would likely still show unless you painted the outside.

Man you are such a big help man seriously. Anytime I have a question you always seem to be the one to respond with something that can help me out lol. I see what your saying about the crack. Thanks for the links BTW.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Aftermarket Windshields?
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 07:56:04 PM »
After about a year or less, questions start repeating themselves... it's just a matter of remembering the answers to some of those questions - or knowing where to look if you forget. Since I've been here for about four years now, it gets easier all the time.  :motorsmile:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline 97RedBird

• Board Homesteader!
Aftermarket Windshields?
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 08:29:10 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4536685864&category=35580

Here is a stock one on ebay.  

I bought a ZeroGravity one that is 2" larger than stock and love it (ie better than stock, but still not Touring type wind protection).  There is a seller that starts bidding at $49.99 and after three tries I finally got one for that price.
- Nathan
96 B6S

Offline ShadowWolf

• TURBO TYPER!
Aftermarket Windshields?
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 12:53:52 AM »
Thanks again. You guys have been very helpful to say the least.

Offline deltabravo

• New user!
Aftermarket Windshields?
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 09:57:34 PM »
I'm acquiring a "streetfighter" Bandit 1200 (1997) and would like to know if anyone has info on small windscreens that would bolt up fairly easily?

It's got a large round headlight with all stock guages still mounted.
see photo here:

http://www.dualsport.info/rigs/bandit/bandit.jpg

Doug