Author Topic: Alternate battery?  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Banditofdoom

• Board Homesteader!
Alternate battery?
« on: June 15, 2007, 11:59:21 AM »
I need a slim battery for my '01 1216cc beast. Im looking at a battery for a Ducati monster 900. Due to where they fit on the duc they are a decently skinny sealed bat.

Think this would turn over my beast just fine or not enough juice? Opinions? alternatives?

Im mounting the battery more towards the tail of my bike. I have a cowl so there is a decent amount of room in there but slimmer is obviously better. Thanks banditos
Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Alternate battery?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 02:53:58 PM »
Looking at the Yuasa site, it seems like the Duc battery is stronger, though their measuring methods are a little cryptic to me. The battery they're calling out for the 900 Monster looks like it's not a sealed battery, so it would need to be placed upright, whereas the OEM B12 battery is a sealed AGM unit that can be mounted any way you want.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Banditofdoom

• Board Homesteader!
Alternate battery?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 02:58:51 PM »
Quote from: "Red01"
Looking at the Yuasa site, it seems like the Duc battery is stronger, though their measuring methods are a little cryptic to me. The battery they're calling out for the 900 Monster looks like it's not a sealed battery, so it would need to be placed upright, whereas the OEM B12 battery is a sealed AGM unit that can be mounted any way you want.

Thanks for the info! If i have to mount a fatter one then yea, ill need it sealed to mount it on its side. I'll def double check that before purchasing.

Offline Bob Holland

• Board Homesteader!
Alternate battery?
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 06:54:51 PM »
Just for your info, I am rumnning the 1246 13 to 1 JE pistons, with the head milled .020, I have 220 psi of compression on each cylinder. The stock battery and starter setup has no problem starting it.
Did you dial in your cams, I have got the cam setting off on bikes, and the engine was hard to turn over. :motorsmile:
If I didn't have a Suzuki, I would have a Kawasaki

Offline Banditofdoom

• Board Homesteader!
Alternate battery?
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 07:06:12 PM »
Quote from: "BHolland"
Just for your info, I am rumnning the 1246 13 to 1 JE pistons, with the head milled .020, I have 220 psi of compression on each cylinder. The stock battery and starter setup has no problem starting it.
Did you dial in your cams, I have got the cam setting off on bikes, and the engine was hard to turn over. :motorsmile:

I am starting the motor build tomorrow. It is not yet an issue, im just trying to make it a sure thing beforehand if possible. Basically i need the smallest battery possible that will still turn over my 1216  10.8:1 with headwork/cams ect
 :motorsmile:

Offline Bob Holland

• Board Homesteader!
Alternate battery?
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 02:28:35 PM »
The battery on my RF900s a smaller battery, shorter.
If I didn't have a Suzuki, I would have a Kawasaki