Author Topic: any one try ohlins ?  (Read 2269 times)

Offline rspector

• Board Homesteader!
any one try ohlins ?
« on: May 01, 2006, 11:15:06 PM »
just out of curiousty, the ohlin front spring kit for my 05 bandit 1200 says that 1) you don't need to f**k around with the pvc spacer, that they just bolt right in 2)they are cheaper then the race tech jobs.
 Was wondering if any one has tried them and how they compare to progressive/racetech?
 Thanks
 Rob

Offline wheeliekev

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.wirralwheelieboyz.com
any one try ohlins ?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 09:46:45 AM »
i run ohlins front springs and there loads better than standard, i also run an ohlins rear shock, the bike is far more stable with this suspension, you can deck everything out and the bike still tracks really good, the weave i used to get when hitting corners really fast has gone as well, i cant recommend them enough  :motorsmile:
02 bandit 1216, wheelie fanatic

Offline stinkypalm

• Board Regular!
any one try ohlins ?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 06:40:31 AM »
I have an Ohlins PRXLS 46 of an 01 GSXR1000 (FLEABAY special). We had to up to a 13.0 spring and change the top out spring as well.

It no longer has the bendy frame feel. The effect and amount of adjustment on this thing is amazing.

We threw in a set of eibach .90 front springs with new 10wt oil. A little harsh on sharp edged bumps, we need to revalve and get back to 5wt. On the track it works even better than the road.

If only I can find a set of the Ohlins 43 R&T convention forks for $400 on FLeabay I will be a very happy camper.

PS I seem to be a bit smaller than the average Bandit owner an the .90 work very well.
What Roads?