Author Topic: Anyone afraid of the W vs Z speedrating? 168 mph works 4 me!  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Anyone afraid of the W vs Z speedrating? 168 mph works 4 me!
« on: August 29, 2006, 12:05:19 PM »
Got my order from Ride Now Just like they said! Tax sucks but is still way ahead of any deal from shops or ???  Dennis Kirk needs to get a grip or close the doors!!! Geez!!! I got another set of the 009's 190 & 120 for the Busa!!!  I know what you are sayin! That stinko lovin fool!!! Those are W rated!!! But i find out that the speed rating is kinda fickle! The W or Z speed rating is up to the MFG. I will never go that fast even though i have had it to 10 under, the "W" which this bike does like the Bandit does 100!!! Will keep up the post on these! The rear on my Busa will B smooth in about 1500 more miles, 5K (got more than i figed) stock Bridges.. Busa 5lbs more than the Bandit (DRY) Just around 70 + HP. I want 009's  on when i go to the twisties in N.C. in Oct! I know they will do all i expect, and piss Rob off!!!!   :stickpoke:    
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/tire-tyre-guide/Tire-TyreTech.htm

In laboratory tests that relate directly to highway speeds.
Reminder: Actual tire speed and performance capability depends on factors such as inflation pressure, load, tire condition, wear and driving conditions.
** Although no upper limit speed is specified here, the indicated tires nonetheless have limited rated speed capability. Call 1-800-367-3872 for a referral for more technical information.
*** Any tire with a speed capability above 149 mph (240 kph) can, at the tire manufacturer's option, include a "Z" in the size designation (120/70ZR17). If a service description IS NOT included, the tire manufacturer must be consulted for the maximum speed capability. If a service description is included with the size description, the speed capability is limited by the speed symbol in the service description.

Offline kedeg_97B12

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 03:22:14 PM »
Won't Dennis Kirk match the price?

I always get the tires from them after I find the best deal on the net. They have always matched the price and free shipping. Most of the tire places are slow to ship so I have enjoyed Dennis Kirks in stock fast shipping.
97 1216 Big Bore, Gixxer intake, with
Holeshot commemorative figurine with kung fu grip, Red
12 volt Dewalt drill, Yellow,
Moen bathroom faucets, Chrome

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 12:02:31 AM »
="kedeg_97B12"]Won't Dennis Kirk match the price?

I always get the tires from them after I find the best deal on the net. They have always matched the price and free shipping. Most of the tire places are slow to ship so I have enjoyed Dennis Kirks in stock fast shipping.
Ride now is very prompt. The prob with DK is the least cost they have is for the Conti force or maxxis tires ! not bad but no Shinko! :beers:

Offline kedeg_97B12

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 10:11:07 AM »
Ohhhh! I understand.
97 1216 Big Bore, Gixxer intake, with
Holeshot commemorative figurine with kung fu grip, Red
12 volt Dewalt drill, Yellow,
Moen bathroom faucets, Chrome