Author Topic: auxiallary lights  (Read 7536 times)

Offline gearset01

• Board Homesteader!
Aux lights
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 08:27:26 PM »
I originally wanted to mount under the fairing, but under hard breaking they would hit the fender on the second gen bikes. I mounted a deer scare whistle there and after I got home on the first ride it was gone  :duh:

Then I really liked the idea of having the lights turn with the steering.

Yours look good there :congrats:
PIN

Offline dandit

• Board Homesteader!
auxiallary lights
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 09:15:28 PM »
Hi All, I also use a Silverstar bulb plus 2 Hella auto driving lights.I think I can melt paint at 5 feet :grin:  I made 2 stainless plates to go on the other side of the plastic, been running them for 4 years with no problem :banana: . I got power for the relay from the hi-beam lead, they come on with the hi beams, no switch (legal in PA).      

'97 1200s with 65k- still rocks
06 Sonata v6 140mph
There ain't no medication like self medication!

Offline cmduk

• Board Regular!
auxiallary lights
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 11:45:03 PM »
Nice lights  :grin:
I had a pair like that  on my last bike.
Like you said they are very good and Bright to.

Nice Job  :congrats:

Offline LittleDH173

• Board Regular!
auxiallary lights
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2006, 12:00:52 AM »
I like those Hella driving lights. Looks good. :grin:
Steven S.

1993 Suzuki VX800
2005 Suzuki 1200SZ Bandit
1981 Honda CB900F
1994 CB250 NightHawk
2004 DR650SE
2008 TRX250EX

http://www.bikepics.com/members/littledh173/

Offline Mini4x

• TURBO TYPER!
auxiallary lights
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006, 08:46:07 AM »
This looks interesting, I bet they are so-so quality, but if you could mount them in plcae of the stock turn signals..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8058694283&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcN_BID_IT

Offline B12NScott

• Board Homesteader!
Aux Lights
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 01:43:59 AM »
So here goes my first post with Pixs.  The previous owner put these on and they work great.  I just added the flush mount signals/running lights and mirrors today.  The Flush mounts aren't exactly what I want, but better looking than the stockers.  I picked up the Mirrors off Craigslist for $10.00.

2K B-12S
2K5 DRZ 400s Dirt/SM

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
auxiallary lights
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 09:45:03 AM »
Quote from: cmduk
Well I have now fitted lights to the Bandit  :grin:
Not like Pin has done by fitting them to his forks, I have fitted some "Angel Eyes" between the Engine Bars.
Very Bright and look great as well  :motorsmile:

I will post some close-up photo's when I can get out to the bike, it has not stopped raining since I fitted them  :sad:

CMD

***Hey!  Could I please see a couple of side pics of your bike?  I've considered a crash bar like yours, but went with sliders instead.  But I doubt they would protect as well as your setup.***

Offline Grissom

• TURBO TYPER!
auxiallary lights
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 11:14:06 AM »
Quote from: Desolation Angel
Quote from: cmduk
Well I have now fitted lights to the Bandit  :grin:
Not like Pin has done by fitting them to his forks, I have fitted some "Angel Eyes" between the Engine Bars.
Very Bright and look great as well  :motorsmile:

I will post some close-up photo's when I can get out to the bike, it has not stopped raining since I fitted them  :sad:

CMD

***Hey!  Could I please see a couple of side pics of your bike?  I've considered a crash bar like yours, but went with sliders instead.  But I doubt they would protect as well as your setup.***

What brand of crash bars and driving/fog lights are you using

Offline WilkenBrewing

• New user!
auxiallary lights
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2006, 06:20:23 PM »
Agreed, I bought the Hella FF55s on ebay for like 25 bucks, made brackets, and mounted 'em up.

They are stupidly bright, and I love 'em.  Wired into the low beam circuit, so they go off when my high beam is on, and I also made a pretty trick switch location to work them independly as well.

Oh, and first post - hello everybody.