Author Topic: Conti Tires  (Read 3536 times)

Offline Aub

• New user!
Conti Tires
« on: July 24, 2006, 06:57:29 PM »
Anyone have any experience with Conti Road Attack tires?

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
Conti Tires
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 08:50:58 PM »
There were some reports of them burning out early... even throwing chunks of rubber... but that is questionable.  Continental has a reputation for sticking well in the rain.

I used to love Conti's in the 70's & 80's... but I'd go with the Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Shinko Advance 005's, or Metzeler Z-6's based on all the rave reviews on the Bandit.

Offline IcyChaos

• Board Homesteader!
Conti Tires
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 11:22:11 PM »
I love my strada's. went through 2 sets.

Now Im trying a pilot power on the rear, still have a strada front.

I think I prefered the strada's, only thing I didn't like is it was pretty slippery when it was down to its end of tread life, and when brand new.

Offline Silverstreak

• Board Homesteader!
Conti Tires
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 11:18:35 PM »
I'm running conti's and I like them. The front is wearing very evenly. My last set were Batlax 020's and the front went funky in one season.
Do or do not, there is no try.  
-Yoda

Offline texasbandit

• Board Homesteader!
Conti Tires
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 01:11:29 PM »
I've got about 10,000 on a set of RoadAttacks.  I just got home from a 4,400 mile trip in temps from 60 to 108.  The rear is now squared off and has concave wear patterns on both sides of the flat center that appeared after a day of high speed sweepers through PA, VA, and WV.  They don't have the wet traction I got on the last set of Bridgestones, and after this trip the rear is not looking good.  The front looks GREAT, go figure?  Milage however, was very good and with milder temps and slightly less speed, these may have lasted 15k+.
1997 GSF1200S  (The tinkerbike)
2003 FZ1 Bumblebee (Almost stock)

Censorship causes Blindness

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Conti Tires
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 10:32:18 AM »
15k on a rear tire!!! How the heck do yawl do it! :bigok: One thing i wanted to say about the Conti tires i've used, didn't get but 6k on rear but that was 1k more than i got from Avon! Anyway i cut them in the center, then to the bead with a utility and dike the bead to remove old one, the Conti i had was scary thin when it reaches the time to change bars! :beers:

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Conti Tires
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 08:00:52 PM »
I just want to get something straight. When you high mileage guys are giving out how much you get out of a tire, it doesn't count when the miles are with the bike in the trailer or back of the truck.
  I never come close to getting the mileage(weather tires or gas) that most (or anyone) get. And I even try to yake it easy sometimes!
  I like the Contis though,only got 2900 out of my Qualifier and put on a set of Conti force awhile back. Have good tread for sheading off water. And they even held up good after a 180 mile day at the track.(maybe that was 160,I forget) and didn't show all that much wear. :motorsmile: Dan

Offline theroamr

• Board Homesteader!
Conti Tires
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 09:28:03 PM »
Mileage and tires is a tricky thing. Example: Do a 500 mile ride on a 85 degree day vs: Commuting 50 miles per day for 10 days in 70 degrees. Each ride is going to have dramatically different wear even with the same mileage. It takes a tire awhile to get up to temp on the street. If you dont ride long enough on a trip it never heats up enough to become softer there by increasing wear. I get 5000 miles from my diablo rear when I commute alot. When I do 4 or 5 weekends of 500 mile days the tire is shot in 2500 miles.
We don't need more sensitivity training, we need DE-sensitivity training. Too many people with skin so thin you can see their quivering, sensitive little bones just waiting to be offended.

Learn to take a punch!!!

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Conti Tires
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 12:44:27 AM »
3300 on the stock BT56 rear on this thing and i'm so close to the bald look i will need to reshod her before the trip to ride the Ashville twisties. Busa is about 4 lbs more than the B12 and just a wee bit more scoot to it which no one needs IMO. So slam me, but the stinko's are goin on!!   :stickpoke:  :monkeymoon:  :beers:  :beers: