Author Topic: Do yuo have RAM mounts/accessories on your Bandit?  (Read 2154 times)

Offline Jason F.

• Board Homesteader!
Do yuo have RAM mounts/accessories on your Bandit?
« on: January 05, 2007, 12:02:44 PM »
Lets see some pictures.

I would like a better mount setup for my Garmin GPS V, possibly my XM radio,  and maybe even my Ipod mini. I am considering some of the Ram Components and would like to see what other folks have done with mounting.
www.middletennesseeriders.com

"I want to live in a world where a chicken can cross the road without having his motives questioned"

Offline gtbandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 11:52:10 PM »
I don't have any pictures readily available, but I have my Garmin Quest GPS mounted with a RAM mount to my handlebar of my KLR using a U-bolt mount. I can attest to the durability of the RAM mount (and the Quest). They both survived a violent, 150 yard ride down a rocky creek in the high desert in New Mexico during their worst monsoon season in a very long time. The bike sustained quite a bit of damage to the right side including a broken handebar and a sheared-off foot peg. Even after a strong current and bottom contact, the GPS was still attached to the bike and still working!
Craig
'99 Black B12
'03 KLR650
'03 1000 V-Strom
'05 SV650
+ a few others

Offline Lmario

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.suzukibanditclub.nl
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 05:20:02 PM »
I have a RAM mount for my videocam and GPS.
(It came with the Veypor boardcomputer.)

It fits on the handlebar when I use it for the GPS.

If I turn it over, it fits the tank-opening and I mount my video-camera or digicam on it:
Life starts at (2)40.....