Author Topic: Flipping footpegs  (Read 8568 times)

Offline Ray Mooney

• Watch their mirrors!
  • Board Homesteader!
  • A man's got to know his limitations.
Flipping footpegs
« on: August 11, 2008, 04:26:03 PM »
OK, I've searched here and over at Maximum Suzuki and I can't find a thread that details how you flip over the pegs on the B1250. Can someone describe this to me? Or post pics?
Ray Mooney
'07 Bandit 1250S

Previous bikes: '03 Vmax, '01 Bandit 1200, '99 Bandit 1200, '97 Vmax, '82 Yamaha Seca 650

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Flipping footpegs
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 10:45:51 PM »
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!

'08 1250S Bandit

Offline Dmaxhall

• Board Regular!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 01:59:30 AM »
It would seem that a lot of folk that flipped the pegs found issues with the gearshift lever being very close to the LHS peg, making it tight to shift up. (On twtex, one bloke shortened the shift lever to fix this.)

I am wondering when Suzuki put the offset footpeg brackets onto the Bandits (04? 05? or 06?). Maybe the previous non-offset peg mounts would also fit the GSF1250?
This would move the peg down and fwd about 1/2 inch rather than the 1 inch you get buy flipping the mount over.

As I have a US13 hoof, small gaps for gear shifting are not really for me and this has made me wary of flipping the pegs over. Although, I would love a bit more leg room.

Thoughts, anyone?
"It is dangerous to be right
 in matters on which the
 established authorities are wrong"
                                                       Voltaire

Offline gyrogearcrunch

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 01:55:18 AM »
It would seem that a lot of folk that flipped the pegs found issues with the gearshift lever being very close to the LHS peg, making it tight to shift up. (On twtex, one bloke shortened the shift lever to fix this.)

I am wondering when Suzuki put the offset footpeg brackets onto the Bandits (04? 05? or 06?). Maybe the previous non-offset peg mounts would also fit the GSF1250?
This would move the peg down and fwd about 1/2 inch rather than the 1 inch you get buy flipping the mount over.

As I have a US13 hoof, small gaps for gear shifting are not really for me and this has made me wary of flipping the pegs over. Although, I would love a bit more leg room.

Thoughts, anyone?

Sheesh! It used to be easy to change the footpeg/shift-lever distance in the old days. Wh'oppen? I took a look at my '07 Bandit and couldn't come up with a single idea to help resolve your dilemma. I've got a 12" foot meself, and would love to be able to raise the shift lever up an inch, but can't see an easy way to do this. What happened to those turnbuckle adjusters on the shifter mechanism that allowed for this adjustment?

Offline gunzip

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 12:49:42 AM »
"What happened to those turnbuckle adjusters on the shifter mechanism that allowed for this adjustment?"

It's under that cover , undo the allen head capscrews and it pops right off

Offline gyrogearcrunch

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 11:09:55 PM »
"What happened to those turnbuckle adjusters on the shifter mechanism that allowed for this adjustment?"

It's under that cover , undo the allen head capscrews and it pops right off

Hey, thanks! Will give that a try.

That low shift peg causes "foot-jamming " for me that can be dangerous when coming to a stop whilst downshifting. I've hung up me left foot frequently while stopping, making it hard to get the hoof disentangled and on the road to keep from tipping over when stopped!

Imagine the surprised look, and the "oops" that's uttered as this occurs.

Sometimes it's the stupid simple things that make all the difference between a good bike and one that's a pain in the ass. Oh well - I accept it as inevitable that every bike I buy will need extensive modification before I'm happy with it.

Herb

Offline gunzip

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 11:29:40 PM »
 i know what you mean ; I was glad I trailered my bike home as the headlights were pointed almost straight down and the shifter peg was so low I couldn't get my toe under it either