Author Topic: handlebar buzz  (Read 4355 times)

Offline skipper

• TURBO TYPER!
handlebar buzz
« on: August 12, 2007, 03:04:37 PM »
After a $6.00 bottle of bb's I can say my hand issues with the vibration are 95% gone much improved tanks and thanks to the previous post from Paul and Zenman on the buckshot debate.

Offline the ferret

• Board Homesteader!
handlebar buzz
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 05:47:33 PM »
what kind of bike?
41 years on 2 wheels and have enjoyed every minute of it

Offline skipper

• TURBO TYPER!
handlebar buzz
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 07:38:37 PM »
Quote from: "the ferret"
what kind of bike?

07 1250 bandit

Offline the ferret

• Board Homesteader!
handlebar buzz
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 08:07:06 PM »
Huhhh I thought they were supposed to be real smooth with the counter balancers and stuff. I'm suprised there was enough vibration to bother you.
41 years on 2 wheels and have enjoyed every minute of it

Offline skipper

• TURBO TYPER!
handlebar buzz
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 08:54:22 PM »
Quote from: "the ferret"
Huhhh I thought they were supposed to be real smooth with the counter balancers and stuff. I'm suprised there was enough vibration to bother you.

maybe its my trade but I get a bit of carpel tunnel but notwithstanding that the bikes are very smooth compared to my vtx Ive been riding

Offline skipper

• TURBO TYPER!
handlebar buzz
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 10:04:39 PM »
I finally bought the maniac bar ends they work fantastic --- stars

Offline gunzip

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: handlebar buzz
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 10:35:13 AM »
 the bars buzz on my new 1250 more than i had expected . not as bad as my old gs1100 but enough to annoy me

Offline Ash Tekka

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 01:48:14 AM »
anyone ever use the bar snake that Dale sells at www.holeshot.com? been thinking of buying some items from him and thought about picking one of those up

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 03:00:07 AM »
Blade also sells bar snakes as well.
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 11:44:53 AM »
Wow vibrating handlebars on the B1250 that is a shocker. But I suppose its possible that not all the throttle bodies on the production line are synchronized properly or perhaps as well as they could be. I remember on my 05 B1200 when during installation of Ivan jet kit how far off the individual mixture screw setting were from one another, some as fat as 2 turns and the Morgan Carb tune really showed how far they were off sync even though after installing the jet kit the bike idled much smoother, smoothness and response improved even more after a spot on sync.
    My B1250 is very smooth but I have not doubt that after a few thousand miles with everything is well broken in, idle anomalies will start to manifest themselves along with a noticeable change in smoothness, due to the need for a sync. I have heard a few stories of EFI street and touring bikes with early vibration that was discovered to be the result of poor throttle body sync at the factory and the follow-on difficulties to get them to sync as access and procedures are much different more involved then a Carb, although easy after the first attempt. I for one am not looking forward to buying another manometer and go through the procedure to get-r-done. Before selling my manometer I remember asking "movers & shakers" on this site if EFI sync was necessary and told no "basically" because that what injectors do automatically. NOT! :sad:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 02:16:09 PM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline Dink_1170

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 02:23:40 PM »
I have to say the same as 'Gunner "wot vibration?" mine is so silky smoth I can barely tell it is running, you likely have throttle body synch problem, or engine mount bolt tension issues.

Dink
Old enough to know better, young enough not to care!!!
07 Bandit1250S - "Bonnie"
85 GSX1100EFF - "The Tractor"
82 GSX1100SZ - "Kitty"
82 GSX750SZ -"Lil Kitty"