Author Topic: Handlebar ends-weights  (Read 2159 times)

Offline pacmaster

• First Post! Be Gentle!
Handlebar ends-weights
« on: May 14, 2007, 10:51:03 AM »
Hi-
 I just purchased a used 02 Bandit 600s a couple of weeks ago. Its red with the half fairing. It has around 11k on it and a little scratched....but runs like a top. Anyhow, I had my first tip over (changing oil and trying to pull off the center stand and lost balance). The bike was fine......the current handlebar ends saved the fairing. The only damage was a shattered turn signal lens. $5 fix. Whew!

Anyhow, my handlebar ends are in need of replacement. They sit askew. I tried to take the assembly apart, but the inner rubber (in the bars) is dry rotted. Now they wobble when I ride. What do I need to purchase to replace these? Just the bar ends.....or is there an inner assembly that holds the weight on that I need to purchase with the bar ends? I looked at an online parts manual and it did show the inner assembly.....I just don't want to buy something if it comes with the bar ends.

Thanks. Sorry for the wordy post.

Mike

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Handlebar ends-weights
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 12:33:46 PM »
Most of the aftermarket choices are for decoration instead of quelling vibration (at least one reason the factory put them there) so, these never interested me and I can't tell you if they come with the inserts or not. I'd think they would, since mitigating crash/spill damage would be a prime motivator for their purchase. The larger & heavier than stock bar ends, like Manic Salamander or Throttlemeister (also a throttle lock "cruise control") come with their own inserts - and their inserts are far better engineered than the stock pieces.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)