Author Topic: Help with wiring my alarm please!  (Read 2101 times)

Offline DjVas

• TURBO TYPER!
Help with wiring my alarm please!
« on: June 16, 2006, 01:04:25 PM »
Hey guys! I need some help with installing an alarm on my 01' B6. I have attached the wiring instructions for the alarm and the wiring for my bike. here are a couple of questions

1. Sould I connect the BLUE wire from the alarm to the RED or the YELLOW/GREEN wire leaving the relay??

2. Should I CUT the (+) wire to the turn signals and connect the YELLOW wire from the alarm?

ALARM INSTRUCTIONS

BIKE WIRING

Offline 99er

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 04:32:37 PM »
The red is for the starter. You want to cut the wire that powers the starter relay - green/yellow. I suppose this alarm is only a relay so cutting the black would work also.

It looks like the alarm is designed to flash your signals when it activates or triggers. you wouldn't cut the signal wire but would splice the yellow wires into the turn signal power wire.

Sound about right?
Marc/Atlanta

Offline DjVas

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 08:41:44 PM »
yeap that is what I thought! thanks for taking the time to reply! I just got the alarm installed and works great!

I got the HJC Chatterbox alarm and it has great features for 50$. The only downside is the horn which isn't too loud especially when mounted under the seat (when the seat is off it louder   :grin: )

Offline 99er

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 07:18:38 AM »
I you attach a relay to the bike's horn, you could use that instead. Sounds like you have the wiring talent and a relay is less than $10. It might also reduce the clutter created by adding another horn.