Author Topic: Latest B12 UPDATE**  (Read 2194 times)

Offline Banditofdoom

• Board Homesteader!
Latest B12 UPDATE**
« on: June 14, 2007, 01:49:03 PM »
Ok folks, i know its been awhile since the last update. There was a 3 week wait at the powdercoaters and whatnot so the going was a bit slow. Here are some more pics I uploaded last night.

Some random shots of the wheels/forks being taken apart

[SIZE="4"]Me removing all random grommets etc from the frame.[/SIZE]

Refer to my previous teardown updates to see how the tank looked prior to getting worked on. I dont have the in-progress pics atm but heres the scoop. Snake was kind enough to meet me at RMC and transport all of my plastics/tank to spokane. At that point the madd skillzzzzz of Paradice proceeded to pull all the dents outa my tank and shoot all the panels a nice glossy black. Here are the results (sorry 'bout the quality, better ones will come during reassembly)

Metisse dual tail light undertail from europe

Gimbal solo seat

No more cracked and duct taped tail

The 'Busa fender was way too big. Replacing it with an '02 Gix 1k fender

Tank is so shiny no pics came out. But you can see that John (Paradice) pulled all the dents and restored the original body lines

As the paint was being worked on we ground a buncha stuff off the frame (pics in last update). Well off to the powdercoaters it went. Took it to Northwest Powdercoaters in Seattle and they did an amazing job for a great price!! No more silver frame :ninja: Did the wheels, swingarm, frame, and any other loose bit I could find.

[SIZE="4"]Assorted bits 'n 'pieces[/SIZE]

And last but never least, this is how I know my girl loves me. No room at my house so she let me do this to her apartment :mfclap::mrgreen: Bike parts galore hahah

Thats all I have for now. Good news is Im taking the frame up to Adrian's this weekend and we are getting started. So the next update will be pics of reassembly. Hoping to have it together in the next week or two :mfclap::mfclap::mfclap::mfclap:

Until then,

Banditofdoom
Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Latest B12 UPDATE**
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 05:53:52 PM »
:clap: :thumb: Hurry up!  :stickpoke:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline nwetherill

• Board Regular!
Latest B12 UPDATE**
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 06:33:15 PM »
Looks great so far. I took mine down today so we will see if mine comes out as well as yours????

Looks awesome dude!!!!!!!!!!!    :congrats:  :bigok:

Offline TipsyMcStagger

• TURBO TYPER!
Latest B12 UPDATE**
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 10:46:16 AM »
How's the project coming along?

Tipsy