Author Topic: Metzler MEZ4 Tires  (Read 3197 times)

Offline zeebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Metzler MEZ4 Tires
« on: November 09, 2005, 10:28:21 AM »
Anyone tried these on a 1st. Gen. 1200 Bandit. I can get both front & rear tires for $220. :?:
Free thinker and proud to be a member of a board that let's me be one.

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
Metzler MEZ4 Tires
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 10:41:46 AM »
That's a good tire, decent stickiness, good tread life.  It's also been replaced by the Z 6.   I'd check the tire manufactur date on the side of the tire, and make sure they aren't 'ancient'.   The Z 6 has been out at least 2 years, now, and is another great street tire.
  If the set of MEZ 4's are more than a couple of years old, you may want to skip them.

Does that price include mounting?
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline green98cavy

• TURBO TYPER!
Metzler MEZ4 Tires
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 10:57:12 AM »
I have a set of these on my 97 B6, great tires.  I already have ~2500 on them and they still look new.
97 Bandit 600S

Offline zeebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Mounting of tires
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 11:05:18 AM »
No $220 is just for the tires. They want $60 to mount the tires off the bike. :crybaby:

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
Metzler MEZ4 Tires
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 11:18:00 AM »
You could probably mail order a set of Z6 for close to $220....or not too much more.
  The MEZ4 is a great tire, but if it's a little 'stale', and you don't put a lot of miles on the bike....it's not so good of a deal.
   I'd check the dates on the tires if possible.  If they weren't too old, and you plan to put a lot of miles on the bike, it may be worth negotiating the price a bit.  Probably 2 years old is OK, if you plan on wearing the tires out in a couple of years....'fresher is better'.

It's not real unusual to stumble across one real old tire for sale at a local dealer....

Born on date, and wear's the tread?
 Other useful information on the tire's sidewall includes its manufacturing date. Look on the side for a raised block with four digits; it's usually next to the U.S. DOT tire identification number. The first two indicate the week of its manufacture, and the last two are for the year. For example, 1702 would indicate the tire was manufactured in April, 2002. Prior to 2000, there were only three digits, with the last one indicating the year.

Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
Metzler MEZ4 Tires
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 11:57:20 AM »
I found the Z6's for the same price shipped ($220) and they are supposedly a much better S/T tire than the older Z4

Take a look at the Shinko Raven 009's as well.... about $140 shipped for the pair from Arizona Motor Sports.

Offline zeebandit

• Board Homesteader!
tires
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 02:06:21 PM »
Thanks for the quick responses. WOW Arizona Motor Sports sure does have some great prices on tires. :motorsmile: