Author Topic: Plastic  (Read 2951 times)

Offline Asphalt

• Board Homesteader!
Plastic
« on: October 06, 2006, 04:57:12 AM »
Does anyone know of a site or place that i can look up some nify Tail fairings.  I have been to wild hair and a few others and none of them tickle my fancy......I am trying to get rid of the long seat and go for something a little more streamlined.  Plus I know one person has converted to and R1 tail, but that was some hella modifications...
2006 Hayabusa....AKA (Bandit on Steriods)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Plastic
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 11:47:46 AM »
If by getting rid of the long seat you mean a shorter tail section, you are going to have to do the hella modifications route.

If you mean you want a solo seat with a streamlined section behind it, but keep the same basic length, AND you want it to be engineered for you so it's basically a bolt-on affair, the choices are pretty limited. Besides the choices at Wild Hair, the only other ones I know of are from Unatec, available thru Streetfighters by Design. Maybe you'll like one of them better, but personally, I think they look too long.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Asphalt

• Board Homesteader!
Plastic
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 05:52:30 PM »
Cool, I like em.  I have been trying to find another Unatec websight though.  Would there be any other choices or is Unatec the only company that puts out Bandit plastics? I looked at wild hair and they didn't impress me at all.

Offline 00to60

• Board Homesteader!
Plastic
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 03:24:38 AM »
Try www.whaccessories.com . They have a good selection of plastics. :idea:
The only thing that matters is how fast you can get from 0 to 60, because top speed is secondary

Offline Asphalt

• Board Homesteader!
Plastic
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 08:30:54 PM »
I have checked those guys out.  Thanks anyway, but they are mostly stock looking tails, I was trying for something different.  Plus thier over head is greatly marked up.  I have heard that there are several German companies that will put out pieces for Gen 1 bandit.  Unatec being one of them.