Author Topic: Shock Troubl  (Read 3325 times)

Offline CRASHER

• Board Regular!
Shock Troubl
« on: May 05, 2005, 07:58:53 AM »
My stocker went to junk at 17k so i put a nice gsxr1100 shock which blew on a road trip 100 miles after being rebuild

now i got another gsxr1100 charged the nitrogen but the shock is not stiff
as the other - is this somehing wrong.i rotated the clips a few rounds and no effect

i am totallt bumbed >? does anyone have a shock to sell...a progressive will be nice

i see mawonline has then for 349 still a little expensive for me

edit: I rode the bike today and after a while the shock preload started working but soon i want to get a new shock

Offline tacoman

• Board Homesteader!
shock
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 03:01:10 PM »
i'm not sure how "rebuildable" a gsxr shock is.  If you just recharged the nitrogen and its soft, you may be low on fluid.  If the suspension is "soft" this is usually the spring.  Low or bad fluid will cause uncontrolled rebound/compression giving you a pogo stick ride.  The nitrogen is only there to keep the fluid from foaming during hard use.

Offline B12Teuton

• Board Homesteader!
Shock Troubl
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 04:39:24 PM »
I agree.  Put a fresh spring on it and see how it is.  Make sure it's not leaking out fluid/gas.
Manny
ATGATT (all the gear all the time!)
2006 KTM450XC Thump-whore

Offline CRASHER

• Board Regular!
Shock Troubl
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 05:55:31 PM »
I am worried as rebuild the shock new oil and the works and recharged and on the first ride on top of a moutain it collapse and blew up....had to ride 200 miles on oil soaked tires

the new one i have i recharged the nitrogen canister but eventually i want to get a good shock as i do not want to be 1000 mile from with a blown shock

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Shock Troubl
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 12:34:54 AM »
send it to race tech or traxxion dynamics and have a professional rebuild it and revalave it for your bike and weight
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol