Author Topic: Steering Damper Suggestions / Options B12  (Read 2261 times)

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
Steering Damper Suggestions / Options B12
« on: August 18, 2008, 10:40:49 AM »
I'd like a steering damper, in fact I think it may keep me from some serious bodily harm. I know holeshot make a side mounted one (it seems a bit pricey for what it is) so if one of you could measure how long the stroke and overall length is that could be handy... There is of course Hyperpro and Scotts, seem like expensive options but let me know what you think.
Basically just need your experiences to make an informed decision.
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Steering Damper Suggestions / Options B12
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 12:06:55 PM »
If I was going to install one I'd give the nod to Scott's.... except you need to weld a tab on the bike - which is no big deal if you don't mind the extra work involved.  It really looks the cleanest IMHO. 

Just curious.... why do you think you need one on the Bandit???
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Steering Damper Suggestions / Options B12
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 01:35:58 PM »
Ya I like the idea of the scotts...
as for why I need it lets just say that my arms just aren't meant to muscle it.  :grin: had a nice scary almost tank slapper  moment when it nearly went from steering stop to steering stop over 200kmh. Yes i know stupid, but I even went back to see what I hit and am not sure. Sometimes under acceleration the front wheel is very light and it doesn't take much to wobble it. Be nice to have a little help. I've ridden with dampers before and generally really like it. Mostly the bandit is more than solid enough that I agree it doesn't need one. In two years of hard riding this is only the second time anything remotely like that has happened.
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike