Author Topic: Streetfighter Project  (Read 9011 times)

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
Streetfighter Project
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2005, 10:51:25 PM »
That bike is looking pretty sharp.
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!

Offline chevsuz12

• Board Homesteader!
Streetfighter Project
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2005, 02:43:51 AM »
Looking at this pic reminds me that I need to take some 'after' pics of the stance the Bandit now has with the Busa shock installed.  I haven't lowered it yet, but I am actually starting to like the profile.  A 3" lift  drastically changes the look of the rear of the bike.
B12 Streetfighter!

Offline turbo-bob

• Board Homesteader!
Streetfighter Project
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2005, 02:07:11 PM »
Whats all that white stuff on the ground     :grin:
"Got Boost"
Winning is'nt everything
Loosing just sucks !

Offline ChuckD

• Board Regular!
    • http://Penguinlove.textamerica.com
My Fighter
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2005, 08:29:02 PM »
I love the way the covers are polished. I too am fightering out my bike (96 B6). I've raised the rear suspension by 3 inches, went for a slash cut straight thru pipe in lieu of  the stock coffee can, I'm working on a custom tank and tail fairing based on the SV650 tail. MX bars and a chopped fender round out  the front end. I'm going with projector beams from a Buell XB12R for main lights and a super trick set of led fog lamps as running lights.  Here is what I have so far. I  plan on taking it down to the frame and blacking out everything frame and all with just a few red accents i.e. pinstripes and wheel stickers (moto gp style). More to come.
Cheers,
Chuck

[/img]
When in doubt fighter it out!!!

1996 B6 Custom Tank and SV650S tail fairing. Streetfighterization in progress.

Offline ChuckD

• Board Regular!
    • http://Penguinlove.textamerica.com
Paint done
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2005, 07:41:08 PM »
Well I finished the paint and fitted it all up on the bike. Here is a glimpse. Next take the whole job down to the frame and paint that black. That is a rattle can job I can't believe how well it came out. Now I have to figure out what to do for a seat.

And for that nasty fighter lean just jack up the rear about 3 inches.

Ok a question for all, do you think a rhino liner coating on the frame would be good bad ugly. I think it would be a DIY job that would be far more durable than the Krylon job my budget may hold me to. I will have the frame stripped down at some point before it goes back into service. Any suggestions or ideas, does anyone know how much having a frame painted would cost?
When in doubt fighter it out!!!

1996 B6 Custom Tank and SV650S tail fairing. Streetfighterization in progress.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Streetfighter Project
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2005, 10:46:35 PM »
Personally, I think it would look perfect on a ratbike... but not that nice on something you want to look nice - and the rough texture would be a bitch to keep clean.

IMHO, if you can swing it, powdercoat the frame.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)