Author Topic: Streetfighter Project  (Read 9009 times)

Offline chevsuz12

• Board Homesteader!
Streetfighter Project
« on: March 08, 2005, 10:39:28 AM »
I have nearly completed my streetfighter project on my '99 B12.

I will update here for all to see.  The mods are as follows:

Twin chrome headlights from Streetfighterstore.com

CNC'd and polished 6061 Alluminum Headlight bracket (this has been the biggest job as I have made the entire thing myself from, design, 3d sketch, cut raw materials, and polishing)I did not like the cheap ones and wasn't going to pay $150 + for nice ones, so I made my own.

Homemade turnsignal brackets mounted to the upper fork bolts with LED mini front turn signals.

I also CNC'd my own fork brace.

OEM brakes replaced with 6 piston GSXR 1000 brakes, and ebcHH pads.

Rear turn signals removed and led's were integrated into the small sunken in area on either side of the taillight.  

Rear fender was trimmed flush to the fairing on the sides, and blended to the trunkline on the rear.  This left about a 3" x 3" area where the license plate light was that needed to be covered.  I found a 2 3/4" Dia. truck marker light with 9 led's that I flush mounted there.  

I fabbed my own license plate bracket to mount under the tailsection, and mounted a 3 light HID LED shining down on the plate.

I also mounted a 30 light led strip mounted to the license plate and wired to a taillight flasher. This serves as an additional brake light.

I still plan to do the following:

Replace front fork springs, or possibly replace front end, with GSXR type.
Replace rear shock
Replace brake lines with SS Braided
Purchase or make my own bar ends, foot pegs, etc.
And finally I may get some kind of wild paint work done, but I still like the black for now.

I will post more pics as I take them, here is one for now of the front end when I was test fitting the headlight bracket.

Before:
B12 Streetfighter!

Offline chevsuz12

• Board Homesteader!
Streetfighter Project
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 01:02:25 AM »
Here are some more pics:  (and yes, that is snow on the ground, spring in Chicagoland, gotta love it!)

B12 Streetfighter!

Offline Ampster

• Board Regular!
Streetfighter Project
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 11:28:16 PM »
That is a sharp looking bike. Makes me want one! :bigok:
It's good to be free!

Chris "Ampster" A

Offline Bandit Jap

• TURBO TYPER!
    • http://www.andy-aldridge.com
Streetfighter Project
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 11:11:44 AM »
Great bike!  But it looks a bit big for you as you seem to be stretching alot in the picture!

:motorsmile: [/code]

Offline chevsuz12

• Board Homesteader!
Streetfighter Project
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 01:27:30 PM »
Yes, but my light weight does wonders for the performance and handling!
B12 Streetfighter!

Offline billythefish

• TURBO TYPER!
Streetfighter Project
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 02:24:16 PM »
good job.  :banana:  
looks great now. bet you feel like a hooligan just throwing your leg over it now  :monkeymoon:
Regards,
Billy
'05 Bandit 1200 (nekkid)

Offline WEINERDOGBONE

• Board Homesteader!
Streetfighter Project
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 04:50:27 PM »
:beers:  Awesome

Offline Chi-TownBandit

• Board Homesteader!
Streetfighter Project
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 08:27:50 PM »
Hey chevsuz, great looking bike--I gotta check it out when we get our Chicagoland Bandit Rally going this summer.   :motorsmile:
You made your own fork brace--that's pretty sweet.  I was thinking about doing the same thing, plus making a matching handlebar brace, instead of ordering them, to save some cash.
Erin
1998 B12 (AKA "Shiraz")
H.S. full exhaust, 5 degree advancer, and Stage II
Progressive front springs and 1100 GSXR shock
Givi 3 bag set up, plus other little sports touring mods

Offline chevsuz12

• Board Homesteader!
Streetfighter Project
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 10:57:24 PM »
Its pretty easy, especially if you have access to a CNC or a machine shop.  If you do I can give you my solidworks drawing of it and you could have someone mill it out.
B12 Streetfighter!

Offline chevsuz12

• Board Homesteader!
Hayabusa shock on 1g B12
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 12:22:44 AM »
Well, just got done with my latest mod.  I installed a Hayabusa shock on my 1g B12.  This was a fairly easy install.  Some grinding involved.  This made for an unbelievable difference in ride.  I didn't realize how poor the stock shock was!  I will have to make some slightly longer dogbones to drop the rear down some.  But so far I like it!
B12 Streetfighter!

Offline chippi

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Hayabusa shock on 1g B12
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 01:40:23 AM »
Quote from: "chevsuz12"
Well, just got done with my latest mod.  I installed a Hayabusa shock on my 1g B12.  This was a fairly easy install.  Some grinding involved.  This made for an unbelievable difference in ride.  I didn't realize how poor the stock shock was!  I will have to make some slightly longer dogbones to drop the rear down some.  But so far I like it!

How much did the Busa shock raise the rear? What differances did you notice? :congrats:
Learn from other peoples mistakes...... or you won't be around long enough to make them all yourself!

Offline Chi-TownBandit

• Board Homesteader!
Polished Engine Covers
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 08:49:48 PM »
Hey chevsuz, I saw some of the pics that you had of your bike up above.  Do you have pictures of the leftside of your bike? I want to see how you polished the engine covers on that side.  I'm thinking about doing the same thing on my engine.  I'd like to see how the polish look is on the other side, though, before I do it.
Thanks!
Erin
Erin
1998 B12 (AKA "Shiraz")

Offline chevsuz12

• Board Homesteader!
Streetfighter Project
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2005, 10:26:43 AM »
Here is a pic of the left side, before the bike was finished.  But it shows what is polished.
B12 Streetfighter!

Offline chevsuz12

• Board Homesteader!
Streetfighter Project
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2005, 10:28:51 AM »
Hey Chitown, we should meet up at Strat's some time.  If you haven't heard of strats, it's a little burger joint in Villa Park on North Avenue.  Wednesdays is Bike night and there is usually 100+ bikes on a good night.
B12 Streetfighter!

Offline Chi-TownBandit

• Board Homesteader!
Streetfighter Project
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2005, 09:56:39 PM »
Hey Chevsuz, burgers and bikes sound good to me!  My schedule frees up in late July, so after that , I'm game for anything.  We should still go on that Starved Rock ride that PaulSV was trying to set up, though.
Thanks for the pic--that polished look is awesome on your black streetfighter.  I've got a gold theme going on my bike, so I'm probably going to strip the paint off the valve cover, and side covers, and go with some Hi-temp gold paint.   I even got a gold fork brace for the bike now, just as an aside, since we were talking about that a few months back.   I seen someone do the same gold paint job on another bike, so I think it'd look real pimp on my Maroon B12.
Erin
1998 B12 (AKA "Shiraz")