Author Topic: Switching the rear tire  (Read 2048 times)

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
Switching the rear tire
« on: September 14, 2006, 10:36:15 PM »
I pulled out the Metzler rear tire today.  My Pilot Road has a nail and I figure is it has to come off, just go ahead and swap them out.  I am going to patch the Pilot and save it.  I never noticed it before, but the Z6 road tec has more of a point in the center than the Pilot does.  I have a funny feeling that this tire is going to increase the quickness of the bike.  I remember riding a friend's 600R with Metzlers and it would really drop into a turn.  After he switched to Pilot Road in the rear, it didn't drop nearly as easy.
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
Switching the rear tire
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 03:46:04 PM »
Well the tire is installed and went for a ride Monday.  I didn't ride too aggressive mainly because it was a new tire.  Handling didn't seem to change after the switch.  I noticed a big difference when I swapped from the stock Macadam front tire to the Metzler.  But by switching the rear from a Pilot Road to the Metzler, notthing really noticable.  I didn't have any issues at all with slipping and felt solid the whole time.  I just wish I had some place close where I could get a bit more aggressive on the bike.
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!