Author Topic: Will A busa shock fit!!!!!!  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Jacknife

• Board Homesteader!
Will A busa shock fit!!!!!!
« on: January 06, 2006, 04:37:41 PM »
Will a busa shock fit a b6 99? or is it impossible.
99' B6

Offline ttewejnodnarb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 06:31:49 PM »
Here is an excerpt the "600/1200 FAQ" forum.  Maybe a search would provide some more results?

Hayabusa shock will not fit 1G B6
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me re-phrase - It will not fit with the stock bandit rear cushion lever. I am waiting on a busa cushion lever to see if that will help or not since the busa one looks different from the B6 and has a rise in it.

The main problem seems to be shock lenght of the shock body. It is 13" long while the B6 is about 11.5". The rear cushion lever can be fully lowere towards the ground and the mounting holes for the shock still refuse to line up.

I am learning this the hard way. Figured I would warn others who may try this.

Anyone know what year 750/1100's will work? that may be my next option. I aint bolting the stocker on, thats for sure...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Red01SuziB12S
(8/8/04 10:13 am)
Re: Hayabusa shock will not fit 1G B6

I know theres some minor difference between the B6 & B12 rear suspension, so this may be totally moot - but the 'Busa shock has been successfully installed on a 1G B12 or two with minor alterations, do a search over at Maximum-Suzuki, and if it has fallen off their board, post over there and I'm sure someone will pipe up about it.

If you need a 'Busa suspension bellcrank, I have one you can have for the cost of shipping.

As for other options that won't skyjack the tail like a Busa shock will on a 1G, read the "Suspension" section of Fast Larry's Bandit FAQ which is chocked full of great info on all kinds of stuff, especially for the 1G bikes.
(I really needs an update to apply fully to the 2G's - but that doesn't matter to you.)

Paul W
rogue
(8/8/04 12:49 pm)
bellcrank?

Is that the part that mounts to the frame, dogbone and bottom shock mount? I was using the technical name of cushion lever
Red01SuziB12S
(8/9/04 6:36 pm)
Re: bellcrank?

The Suzuki parts list calls the part "Lever Set, Rear" and the part number is 62600-24810. I called it a bellcrank, because in generic engineering terms, that's what it is. It's #1 in the pic below.
Brandon
98 B12S

Offline Jacknife

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 05:06:21 AM »
Geometry must be differant, if when its lowered to the lowerst and it still wont fit. Just there is a few on ebay just now, I take it you want to make a list of what will fit without alterations and what needs alterations?
99' B6