Author Topic: Yosh RS-3 slip-on and Givi bags?  (Read 4652 times)

Offline Roy

• TURBO TYPER!
Yosh RS-3 slip-on and Givi bags?
« on: August 03, 2007, 07:55:08 AM »
Anyone have this combo. I want the yosh pipe bad but I am afraid that it will bend upward more than the stock muffler and contact the bottom of my V35 Givi sidebag. Currently with the stock muffler I have 1 1/2" clear to play with at the end of the stock muffler. Pictures I have seen with the Yosh muffler it appears it bends up a little more than stock. Can anyone clarify this for me? If you have a Yosh RS-3 slip-on could you please tell me if it bends upward more than stock and if so about how much roughly.

thanks,
'07 Bandit 1250S
'07 RM-Z450 RC edition
'06 GSX-R1000
'82 GS1000SZ Katana

Offline PhilS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 04:16:41 PM »
Hi Roy - we are both posting on TWTex as well. I will be following this as I need some help this area too. I have a little more than 2" with the E360's, but a bend up would be bad.....and it might start heating the underside of the bag as it will be blowing directly on the bottom edge.....Eeek!! The slip on versions are shorter, so they may bend up but further down the pipe.

Phil
2007 Red Bandit 1250S (Morphed into a Sport Touring Model)

Offline Vlad

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Yosh RS-3 slip-on and Givi bags?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 04:40:05 PM »
Quote from: "Roy"
Anyone have this combo. I want the yosh pipe bad but I am afraid that it will bend upward more than the stock muffler and contact the bottom of my V35 Givi sidebag. Currently with the stock muffler I have 1 1/2" clear to play with at the end of the stock muffler. Pictures I have seen with the Yosh muffler it appears it bends up a little more than stock. Can anyone clarify this for me? If you have a Yosh RS-3 slip-on could you please tell me if it bends upward more than stock and if so about how much roughly.

I have just enough clearance on my setup. The only problem I had was the can touching the swingarm, but that was easily solved by a fat washer. Yoshi RS3 oval with midpipe, Givi WingRack 2. Check the signature picture.
Vlad lives in Toronto, Canada and rides http://bandit.xxc.cc

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 11:24:21 AM »
not that i have a new bandit or anything, but most after market pipes are smaller then stock. the new 1250 pipe looks big, the yosh is most likely a 4" pipe. if the stock can is more like 6" then there might be more then enough room. when i had my 2000 1200 the holeshot pipe was way smaller then my stock can. i think it was more then a inch or two smaller. check what size the stock unit is, then see what the yosh is. if it is a inch or two smaller but bent a little higher it might be about as high as the stock can sits? just a thought?
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline Mongo

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 08:41:42 PM »
Easy solution make a stuby Yosh! I low sided a while back and got tired of looking at the grind marks on the bottom of the can so I cut it in 1/2.

02 1200 Fighter
Do chickens fly? Yea and a Hell of a lot faster than reindeer!!!!

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 11:32:45 AM »
Looks real sharp there, Mongo!! :thumb:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 12:15:45 PM »
Good ol' Pop-Rivets!  :wink:

I like stubbies, but how loud is it?
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline Mongo

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 08:32:23 PM »
Quote from: "Red01"
Looks real sharp there, Mongo!! :thumb:

Thanks Red :grin:

Quote from: "ZenMan"
Good ol' Pop-Rivets!  :wink:  

I like stubbies, but how loud is it?

You know ZenMan she's really not that much louder!

It was a little more work than just cutting it down and putting in a few Pop-Rivets but over all it was not that difficult.

If you were thinking about doing it I would say go for it I like the results.

Now I wish I would have cut it a little shorter.:duh:
02 1200 Fighter

Offline Mongo

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 08:41:10 PM »
I guess a before and after photos might help!

02 1200 Fighter

Offline Vlad

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 11:40:48 PM »
Good job Mongo! Although I wouldn't do an operation like that unless absolutely necessary, it's good to know that it can be done with such nice results.
Vlad lives in Toronto, Canada and rides http://bandit.xxc.cc

Offline leedogg

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.fquick.com/Leedogg
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 11:33:36 PM »
man- that looks muck better than the original pipe- nice work!

I already bought the Holeshot exhaust- but luckily due to popular demand- Dale is about to realease a touring mid pipe to have clearance for bags.:)
1996 Trans Am- Stock as a rock - NOT.  408rwhp/397rwtq.
2004 GMC Yukon XL - The family/Trans Am hauler
1992 Silverado - Future tow vehicle.
2007 Bandit 1250S - first ever bike- I love it!

Offline Nitro

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 07:04:40 PM »
I understood from the thread at the "other" forum that he was working on the touring midpipe for the B1250 only. It isn't necessary on the B12 because the midpipe mates up with the header differently. Holeshot sells a clamp that lowers the muffler 1" for 1G systems.
97 Bandit 1200S

Offline roberto

• TURBO TYPER!
yoshi can on 1250
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 12:02:52 AM »
Sent an email to Yoshi today and they sent me a drawing of the yoshi can installation and advised me that it does indeed angle up further than the stock can but didn't tell me how much. From comparing the pictures of the stock bike to the Yoshi install it looks like a couple of inches at least, maybe a little more so its something that you had better watch if your thinking of using hard bags down the road....

Offline leedogg

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.fquick.com/Leedogg
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 05:38:55 PM »
Nitro- I am sure that you are right about the older models.  I just offered that info because the original poster rides a 1250.  I bought the Holeshot not even thinking about whether or not hard bags would fit with it....but now I am glad he if offering a solution soon.

I think 'most aftermarket slip ons arou going to be higher than the stocker...that is the cool look now.
1996 Trans Am- Stock as a rock - NOT.  408rwhp/397rwtq.
2004 GMC Yukon XL - The family/Trans Am hauler
1992 Silverado - Future tow vehicle.
2007 Bandit 1250S - first ever bike- I love it!

Offline roberto

• TURBO TYPER!
yoshi can on 1250
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 07:28:49 PM »
This is the feedback I got from one of the suppliers regarding the yoshi can.

Hello, I bought a Busa a couple years ago with the Corban beatle bags on it. The prior owner put on a full Yosh systme and had the same problem you are speaking of. He easily took care of it by adding a small metal extension between them clamp and the pegs. He just had to add a bolt and metal strap. It was a 75 cent answer to a major problem and it worked perfectly. The systems are designed with enough flex and gap to allow this minor change. I would just buy the exhaust and get some strapping and a bolt from the hardware store. You could adjust the height about 2 inches in most cases. The strip is usually hidden by the bag you install. Its up to you.