Author Topic: Bracket for OE B4 Solo Cowl Needed... if you have one, please read!  (Read 2457 times)

Offline MLambert19

• New user!
I finally found an OE red cowl for my bike, but it's missing the mounting hardware.

If anyone here has a solo cowl on their Bandit 400, I'm in need. I have a good sheet metal shop that can fab one, but I either need the dimensions, or a template. Or, send me yours, I'll have them duplicate it, and I will promptly return it... shipping paid both ways and then some.

Can you help? matthew.f.lambert@gmail.com

Thanks, and Happy Holidays! -Matt

Offline notaduc

• Board Regular!
Re: Bracket for OE B4 Solo Cowl Needed... if you have one, please read!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 12:15:35 AM »
I have the fiberglass gimble one, the rear mounting bracket on the underside was liberated.  Should still be able to use/modify it...

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 12:54:59 AM »
I hacked up an old passenger seat pan I bought on eBay and attached the solo cowl to it. It still needs a bit fine tuning for the perfect fit, but it's good enough now... All it takes is removing two bolts and I can switch to the passenger seat when required.

Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline MLambert19

• New user!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 03:43:58 PM »
notaduc: "Liberated"? Meaning you are not using it? Assuming the holes are in the same spot (or close) on both... send me an e-mail or let me know. If you want to just "loan" it to me, that's fine too...

Mike: I will never have a passenger on my B4. I have a SV1000N for that! So easy removal isn't nearly as much a concern as getting it lined up correctly and mounted semi-permanently. But thanks for the insight, and it is a good idea for folks who might want to swap back more often than I.

Thanks guys, -Matt