Author Topic: USGP Hot as #*!!  (Read 2670 times)

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
USGP Hot as #*!!
« on: July 26, 2006, 06:41:51 PM »
Just got back from the warmest two days of my life and they say it's not the heat, it's the humidity. Well, when it's over 100 you make your own humidity. Suzuki had an excellent chance to win the race with Chris the V,
but things started to go badly about half way. Suprising it was not the Bridgestone tires that let him down, but rather an electrical problem. I'd post some pics, but don't know how. Congrats to young Nick. Rossi was gutted by a bad rear tire and then an overheating motor.

Obviously Hacking did very well in the support races.[/img]
~lloyd in atlanta
  Doing my best in the Southern Appalachians  to uphold the honor of Bandit riders everywhere.

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
USGP Hot as #*!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 08:03:48 PM »
whoooa Lloyd...!!!!!!!!

you went to Laguna?  Neat place, saw CART there a few years ago....the GP looked awesome.  Nicky put it to them...

maybe Suzuki would have a shot if they ran Michelins?

I was pushing for Colin, but root for Nicky too.
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
It was a freebie
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 09:58:58 PM »
A friend had some passes and an airline ticket that he couldn't use.
So I got lucky. My expenses were $100 for ground transportation, $100 for a sofa for two nights in a great little cottage in Carmel Valley, $22 for a USGP T-shirt, $8 for a bbq brisket sandwich, free breakfast, free dinner
and fun people. So $230 for the whole shootin' match. Oh yeah, $7 for breakfast in the Birmingham Airport and a $9 pizza in the Phoenix Airport.
~lloyd in atlanta
  Doing my best in the Southern Appalachians  to uphold the honor of Bandit riders everywhere.

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
USGP Hot as #*!!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 01:33:48 AM »
OK Big Spender......usch a deal!

BBQ? You should've tried the calamari.....it's some of the best track food I ever had!
John L

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
USGP Hot as #*!!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 03:13:03 PM »
Calamari? The thought of eating a basket of fried rubber bands makes me puke just thinking about it. And I'm currently sitting in my house chilled to 67 degrees. I can't imagine eating that stuff while standing in the infireld in 100 degree temps. I comend you for your ability to relish international cuisene.

Quote from: LowRyter
BBQ? You should've tried the calamari.....it's some of the best track food I ever had!
~lloyd in atlanta

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
USGP Hot as #*!!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 06:44:08 PM »
it's not rubber bands when it's that close to the water. mmm good stuff.

Quote from: Bantana
Calamari? The thought of eating a basket of fried rubber bands makes me puke just thinking about it. And I'm currently sitting in my house chilled to 67 degrees. I can't imagine eating that stuff while standing in the infireld in 100 degree temps. I comend you for your ability to relish international cuisene.

Quote from: LowRyter
John L