Author Topic: Barber Motorsports Park Track Day  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
Barber Motorsports Park Track Day
« on: September 05, 2005, 11:28:09 PM »
Several Bandit riders will be at Barber for a track weekend with the Floribama Riders September 17/18. This is a good group to ride with and of course this is one of the greatest tracks in America. A 55 million dollar facility with perhaps the greatest motorcycle museum in the world.
There is tire service available and very skilled control riders available
for informal instruction. However, this is NOT a track school. There are three ride groups with the street group suitable for the first time track virgin. 20 minutes sessions with a one hour break for lunch.

Many of us will be camping at the track and there is an option to corner work Saturday and ride Sunday for only $100. Check www.floribamariders.com for details.
~lloyd in atlanta
  Doing my best in the Southern Appalachians  to uphold the honor of Bandit riders everywhere.

Offline branthopolis

• New user!
    • http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/AtlantaSV/
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 11:43:26 PM »
Bumpity Bump Bump........

Trackday related content......         I'll be riding Sat and Sun....    :banana:

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 12:52:18 PM »
There are a few spaces still available. Join us for a weekend of beautiful weather and great riding.
~lloyd
~lloyd in atlanta
  Doing my best in the Southern Appalachians  to uphold the honor of Bandit riders everywhere.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 09:50:15 PM »
So how was it???   :?:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »
I didn't go, but one b12 crashed.....
  He gets on this board sometimes, maybe we'll get a crash report!
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
It was ok
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 05:50:38 PM »
I didn't make it, as my 82 year old mom is sick and I flew to Richmond Virginia to be with her. The B12 crash was due to some sick lean angles combined with those dorky case guards. He levered the back wheel off the ground and lowsided at the slowest part of the course. Branthopolis was out there embarrassing some repli-racers with his SV and one unfortunate fellow wasted a limited edition MV Agusta "Ago". More crashes this time and I chalk that up to some having not ridden this year and some newcomers that refused to go down to the novice class. We had some strangers join up and a few of those were a bit too enthusiastic.
Some people just refuse to brake hard enough and run off.

We did have Jamie James (AMA Supersport Champion) join the club and he was, as would be expected, shredding the course on street tires with one of his limited edition R1's. All in all, a little too much crash action and corrections will be made for our next event. There have been track days where only one fool crashed out of 90 riders. And that's the way we like it.
Old time, established club members rarely have a get off. It was better before we started letting new people in. But a Barber weekend costs our club $25,000 and as a result we have to admit strangers just to break even. Sad really.
~lloyd in atlanta

Offline theroamr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 04:26:47 PM »
I wish I could have made it , I love watching races on this course. Would have liked to try to keep up (safely of course) with you guys on this course.
We don't need more sensitivity training, we need DE-sensitivity training. Too many people with skin so thin you can see their quivering, sensitive little bones just waiting to be offended.

Learn to take a punch!!!