Author Topic: Barber Track Day Sept. 16, 2006  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
Barber Track Day Sept. 16, 2006
« on: December 22, 2005, 12:57:51 PM »
Our riding club has offered track days at Barber Motorsports park in Birmingham Alabama the last three years and the date for next year is
September 16th. This is a great group of people to ride with. If you are unfamiliar with Barber, let me say that it is a wonderful facility with silky smooth pavement that is 45 ft wide and fairly technical. While it doesn't have a starightway long enough for AMA superbikes to top out, it does give the street rider the opportunity to reach supra-legal speeds. The bike prep and safety gear requirements for the street group is relaxed enough for the first time rider to enjoy the experience without having to safety wire a lot of stuff and one piece leathers won't be required. The race group is for expert riders and liscensed road racers. The track group is for confident/skilled riders with passing allowed on the inside.

Three groups with 30 riders in each group, riding one twenty minute session every hour for six or more sessions per day. There will be an opportunity to ride Sunday, as well.

Camping on-site and early checkin/tech on Friday night is available to facilitate a relaxed, worry free Saturday morning.

Write me off list for more info: redbandits@mindspring.com
~lloyd in atlanta
  Doing my best in the Southern Appalachians  to uphold the honor of Bandit riders everywhere.

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
Signup forms and info
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 11:14:33 AM »
I've had several Banditos contact me about this event, so here is the link to info and signup forms.

http://www.floribamariders.com/FBRBarbers2006Signup.pdf
~lloyd in atlanta
  Doing my best in the Southern Appalachians  to uphold the honor of Bandit riders everywhere.

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
Space still available
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 08:44:46 PM »
There are still a few slots available in all classes. This is an outstanding group of folks to share a day with. There is track time available for both Saturday and Sunday and camping at the track is also available.
Hope to see some of you there.
~lloyd in atlanta

Offline bassguytom

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 11:15:22 PM »
bump

I know there are still slots available for this.  I just talked to the ride director for Floribama and he confirmed it.

Tom

Offline chevsuz12

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 02:42:36 PM »
Even if you cant ride, the museum alone is worth the trip there!
B12 Streetfighter!

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
A Great Day
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 11:41:29 AM »
Fantastic weather, great group of people, safe with only 2 getoffs with 106 riders running 7 sessions. That's an average of 7,420 laps and the ambulance didn't roll all day. Sign up next time and enjoy.
~lloyd in atlanta