Author Topic: Fall ride in Arkansas  (Read 32407 times)

Offline terrebandit

• Board Homesteader!
    • Daves Bandit Group
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2005, 11:05:32 PM »
I think John and Jay summed things up pretty good.  :lol:

I had a great time too but wish we could have stayed longer.  We did make the right call to come home before Rita hit.  We're all wishing Craig and his family the very best.  Let me know if you need anything Craig.  We have an extra bed here if you need it.

Dave
My Bandit(s) -click here  >={{{*>
2000 B12S "Good Ole Bob"
____ o7o____o7o ___Ride Safe!

Offline buggyho

• TURBO TYPER!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2005, 11:12:50 PM »
John and Jay pretty much summed it up. I'll just add that it was great to see old friends again and twice as good to meet new ones.

Good friends, good times

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2005, 07:09:04 PM »
I hope that Craig, his loved ones and their property was spared from any harm.

~lloyd
~lloyd in atlanta
  Doing my best in the Southern Appalachians  to uphold the honor of Bandit riders everywhere.

Offline 12sdrag

• Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2005, 11:25:15 PM »
Just a made it home safe post, need sleep! 2,579 miles. will post up later. :bigok:
It is what it is and thats all it is till it is no more

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2005, 01:14:31 AM »
Quote from: "12sdrag"
Just a made it home safe post, need sleep! 2,579 miles. will post up later. :bigok:

whooa, way to go JR, hope the ride didnt murder your murter....

was great to meet you, glad you travelled safe. I guess you left a day early?  Hope we can ride some more twisty roads again.
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline Dragbike

• Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2005, 05:13:39 AM »
“Just a made it home safe post, need sleep! 2,579 miles. will post up later. :bigok:  ”
“Larry the Cable Guy” ………… I mean JR (12sdrag)….. Departed Sat night up to ST. Louis to Interstate 70 then east to beat the rain.
Hey JR that was a pretty good wheelie you did to start out on the trip home. :stickpoke:  Glad you made it safe!
“I think Devilman was up till 3.”
 Yeah he kept 12sdrag and I up till 3:00am, we did solve some of the problems of the world (as far as we know).  :beers:

“I hope that Craig, his loved ones and their property was spared from any harm.”
Craig’s family made it up to Pine lodge fine. A big pine tree, next to Craig house, fell and missed. But it did take out the power line and the meter and he will have to redo the electric service. So it sounds like not much if any structure damage.

I had a great time and was my first time to meet everyone. I told Craig that he did a great job of thinking up and organizing the meet! I wished I had more time to get around to everyone and get to know you guys better.
Terrebandit and Txbanditrydr glad you guys made it home ok and everything is fine there. And thanks for putting up with me and my “Bunny Slope” skills!
Buggyho Your pictures turned out very good! Nice to see that many Bandits in a row!
Well today when we got up it is was raining. Devilman said road trip! Well ok, too wet…. Lets ride to breakfast.
Well it is too wet to ride home……..
Now What........ lets go play miniature Golf….in the rain!  :banana: Well you know.
So about 4:00pm after saying goodbye to Craig…. Devilman, Lacinda, Gloria and myself left out, them east and us west.
Gloria and I hit bright sunny skies, 20 miles down the road. So we rode off into the Sunset :motorsmile:
GOOD TIMES
Brent
01 Bandit 1200S
99 FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide
89 GSXR 7/11 w/turbo
88 GSX600F Katana w/1127 :)
82 Harley FLT
79 Harley Super Glide FXEF
I’m getting Old--- I remember when Sex was safe and Motorcycles were dangerous!

Offline todius

• Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2005, 07:28:06 PM »
Holy Crap!!  I can't believe I missed this post.  I would've loved to make this ride.  Guess I should get outside the B4 forum a little more often!  :boohoo:
-Brent

Offline 12sdrag

• Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2005, 11:14:40 PM »
Alright, I was going to do a nice write up with pics and all, but both my cameras got messed up somehow :boohoo:. The trip was great the people were cool. The riding was awesome. Gtbandit did a great job putting this all together :thanks:. Except for the rain home I had a great time. Everyone made me feel welcome and part of the family.btw thanks for the clock. It was the long distance award.A clock that looks like a giant fishing lure. It will always hang in my shop with pride. I hope to meet more of you at the next rally. :motorsmile:

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2005, 07:42:09 PM »
anyone know if Craig made it back home & is OK?

For that matter, is Devil Man & everyone else back home & OK?
John L

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2005, 08:04:57 PM »
Yeah... he's back but working his butt off 12hr days.  He should be posting up in a week or so.  Looks like his house did okay but the power situation is a mess and will be for a quite a while.
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline 12sdrag

• Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2005, 09:18:04 PM »
Quote from: "LowRyter"

hey lowryter, Devil man & jacinda posted up on M/S. They get home safe so did wtnbandit. Good riding with you your pretty fast for an old guy :toofunny:  :stickpoke: btw my murter made it just fine.

Offline gtbandit

• Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2005, 02:11:38 AM »
I made it home Wed. night and went straight to work. I've been missing out on some overtime. We don't get O.T. very often, so we take it when we can. We're actually spending 24 hrs. at the station, but are only assigned to the apparatus for 12 hr. shifts. The remaining time there is still stuff to do around the station with all the relief efforts going on, but we are permitted to leave for short periods of time as long as someone stays at the station at all times.

My house is missing several shingles and in some places is bare to the plywood. My large pine tree completely uprooted but managed to miss my house :rant2: It did take out my neighbor's and my fences and some power lines. I'm still not sure of the extent of flooding from the storm surge, but it didn't effect my house.

I had a great time at the rally and want to thank everyone who showed up for a great time. Other than being unseasonably hot, the weather was quite good; very occasional light showers on Saturday with light rain Sunday morning and early afternoon then clearing up . I rode the area some more on Monday then moved to the west on Tuesday when my wife and family left.

Linda, the motel owner, gave me a good deal on the room rates since we were refugees. She said everyone was very nice and left the rooms neat. She gave me a cd with all the pictures that she took. Once I get to use my personal computer, I'll upload them to the net along with some of my own pictures. That may be a couple of weeks before that happens though.

The storm damage was worse than I thought it would be. There are trees and power lines down everywhere throughout the city and quite a bit of damage to buildings. There was considerable damage and power outages over 100 miles inland.

I look forward to seeing all of you again. Check back later for some pics!

"The Refugee Bandit"
Craig
'99 Black B12
'03 KLR650
'03 1000 V-Strom
'05 SV650
+ a few others

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2005, 02:49:21 AM »
Quote from: "12sdrag"
Quote from: "LowRyter"

hey lowryter, Devil man & jacinda posted up on M/S. They get home safe so did wtnbandit. Good riding with you your pretty fast for an old guy :toofunny:  :stickpoke: btw my murter made it just fine.

OLD ?????

and never mention m/s to me ever again!

glad you murter is running fine.
John L

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2005, 02:52:42 AM »
glad your home Craig....I know you'll be working hard, a credit your community. glad everyone made it OK.

had a great time buddy!
John L

Offline gtbandit

• Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2005, 04:16:12 AM »
I finally had time to get some of my trip photos uploaded the net. I didn't take that many photos on this trip and didn't take any at the motel. Linda (the motel owner) gave me the wrong CD so I don't have those pictures either. I'll give her a call soon and see if I can get the right CD.

This is along Hwy 7 on the trip up.

From Friday's ride. (Click on pic for larger view.)

You can see more at this link in full size: http://community.webshots.com/user/gtbandit
Craig
'99 Black B12
'03 KLR650
'03 1000 V-Strom
'05 SV650
+ a few others