Author Topic: Friday the 13th Coming Up In Port Dover!  (Read 1916 times)

Offline jbrough7

• Highway Goddess
  • Board Homesteader!
Friday the 13th Coming Up In Port Dover!
« on: October 10, 2006, 08:56:56 PM »
I live a couple of hours away from this tiny town in Southwestern Ontario, Canada.  I've never been able to make one of these before but will maybe skip out of work early this Friday to take part.  Some info:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since 1981, there has been a tradition of motorcycle enthusiasts gathering in the town on Friday the 13th. Chris Simons and approximately 25 friends, through word of mouth, got together at the Commercial Hotel {The Zoo}, now known as Angelos of Dover. It was in November and it was Friday the 13th. They had such a good time they decided they should do it every Friday the 13th. Every Friday the 13th thereafter, the number of people coming to the event has increased. In May of 2005 an estimated 75000 bikers and spectators crammed into Port Dover to enjoy the day.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_thirteenth

I'll be there in black and red with an earring and a black bolt of lightning painted on my right cheek!

See ya there! :grin:

jim

Offline captain casual

• TURBO TYPER!
How was the event?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 11:26:24 AM »
I have been a few times a couple years ago, but not since. I would have gone this year but i was chillaxin at my cottage up in sauble beach. Would love to hear how it was this year. Thanks in advance. Oh where r u located? I live in Niagara, am usually available to ride.
~Captain Casual~