Author Topic: Hayabusa Rally  (Read 4202 times)

Offline banditnek

• Board Homesteader!
Hayabusa Rally
« on: January 07, 2007, 04:39:31 PM »
I'm trading in the Bandit on a new '06 Hayabusa in the spring. There is a Hayabusa Rally in Robbinsville on the 27,28 & 29 of April 2007. I going to try like hell to make it to this rally. Since there doesn't seem to be much interest in a BOSS rally I was wondering if anybody would be interested in going to this rally. No, you don't have to have a 'Busa to attend, anybody is welcome, even Harley riders. Roamr you still up for a spring trip?
Kent 2006 Suzuki Hayabusa

Offline theroamr

• Board Homesteader!
Hayabusa Rally
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 06:46:27 PM »
Sure am, I will have to wait a little longer to see if a bandit rally materializes. If not count me in on the busa rally, I love being the underdog :lol:
We don't need more sensitivity training, we need DE-sensitivity training. Too many people with skin so thin you can see their quivering, sensitive little bones just waiting to be offended.

Learn to take a punch!!!

Offline banditnek

• Board Homesteader!
Rally
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 07:55:12 PM »
Sounds good, Roamr. I wil go to the Bandit rally, if one happens. Now I have to get the Bandit to the dealer and finish up the deal on the 'Busa. Then get the 'Busa broke in and have the 1st service done by the end of April. :beers:

Offline theroamr

• Board Homesteader!
Hayabusa Rally
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 11:04:51 PM »
We'll have to make sure we do a C.O.R.E. ride  to get some mileage on the beast for you. Im sure you can keep the tach pretty low and still move along nicely on the busa. You gonna break her in the factory way, or through riding her good and heat cycling her?
We don't need more sensitivity training, we need DE-sensitivity training. Too many people with skin so thin you can see their quivering, sensitive little bones just waiting to be offended.

Learn to take a punch!!!

Offline banditnek

• Board Homesteader!
Hayabusa Rally
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 08:46:21 AM »
I'm not sure I know the difference. I thought you should break it in how the manual says.

Offline theroamr

• Board Homesteader!
Hayabusa Rally
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 05:09:42 PM »
Theres the factory way to break them in and then theres the way some racers swear by. What you do is run the bike through the gears getting to about 75% of redline, ride the bike like this for about 15 min. This gets it up to operating temp. Then park it and let it cool, Once fully cooled, do it agian but take rpm's a little higher. Keep doing this for the first roughly 100 miles. Change the oil, use dino oil. Then pretty much run it normal. They might be some details Im missing but this sums it up. The busa will be hard to run through the gears getting up to 75% redline, so you would have to keep it in fist and second. This process is suppose to seat the rings and get the bike through heat cycles quicker and makes the engine run very strong. If I find the link to the site explaining this I'll let you know. Dave Leppeliemer (from core) breaks his bikes in this way.

Learn to take a punch!!!

Offline theroamr

• Board Homesteader!
Hayabusa Rally
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 05:46:36 PM »

Learn to take a punch!!!

Offline banditnek

• Board Homesteader!
Hayabusa Rally
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 08:50:55 AM »
Very Interesting Article! I'm gonna do some more looking into this.

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
Hayabusa Rally
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 11:50:54 PM »
yeah yeah underdog, you guys got me by what 300-400 cc.  i am the underdog. poor little triple missing that extra cylinder and all.  :crybaby:   so we up for some good rides this spring/summer. i am gonna try to do a long trip this year if possible. so i will check in here to see what is going on. Kent congrats again on the bike, now go get it and break it in already. only about 9 weeks till this crap starts to melt off.
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Hayabusa Rally
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 12:27:24 AM »
:beers:

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Rally
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 12:33:03 AM »
="banditnek"]Sounds good, Roamr. I wil go to the Bandit rally, if one happens. Now I have to get the Bandit to the dealer and finish up the deal on the 'Busa. Then get the 'Busa broke in and have the 1st service done by the end of April. :beers:
Better have a better dealer than most or you will b sorry for letin them touch her! Most won't do sqwat but change the oil and leave a few scratches on it.  OH and write a hefty bill for it. To do the same thing yourself takes about 30 minuts! Unless you know they do what they say! Need any info from one who did the same you are planning on doin just yell!