Author Topic: Honda Hoot  (Read 3909 times)

Offline banditnek

• Board Homesteader!
Honda Hoot
« on: February 26, 2006, 04:13:16 AM »
Anybody going to the Honda Hoot in June. I may go down. Turtle you going this year? It's in Knoxville,TN. :motorsmile:
Kent 2006 Suzuki Hayabusa

Offline WEINERDOGBONE

• Board Homesteader!
Honda Hoot
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 12:31:14 AM »
I was thinking about going down there with my Pal and his Dad. I even took vacation time but now he has decided to get married. I can't seem to talk him out of it so I'm not sure if we are still going or not. I guess I'll wait until his new wife decides for us. :roll:

Offline FlyingTurtle1

• Board Homesteader!
Honda Hoot
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 12:24:22 PM »
:banana: Hey Kent , Yeah a few of my friends and I are going. We're even taking the wives this year! That means we're taking the trailers and campers. We're putting the plans together now, looks like we're gonna stay at a KOA in Sweetwater, 30 miles south of Knox. Going down Wed. the 21st. and staying 'til Sunday. I'll let you know when we're sure of the times.
Terry Humphreys...No longer a Bandit owner
'06 FJR..stock for the moment....

Offline banditnek

• Board Homesteader!
Hoot
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 06:04:54 PM »
Terry,  I have the week off from work and I would really like to go. If I could get with your group that would make it nice. Let me know when your plans are firm. I was planning on camping too. See you,
Kent 2006 Suzuki Hayabusa

Offline FlyingTurtle1

• Board Homesteader!
Honda Hoot
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 11:39:55 PM »
Hey Kent, We've made our reservations at the Sweetwater KOA. We've got 3 trailer/campers going and 1 couple getting a cabin. Like I said in the other post Wendesday thru Sunday. You can check the place out at KOA.com. Don't know what time we're leaving here but probably 9am or so. 5/6 hour run on the bike, don't know how long with my trailer. Anyway hope you get to go talk to ya soon, Terry
Terry Humphreys...No longer a Bandit owner
'06 FJR..stock for the moment....

Offline Banditmaster

• New user!
    • http://groups.msn.com/MidsouthBanditRiders/_whatsnew.msnw
Honda Hoot
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 11:43:26 PM »
#1 Silver 01 Beaman
#2 Blue 97 100 K + Bamditmaster
#3 Blue/white 05 Dave Stockton

Im planning a ride, mapping a route, identifying hotels, etc.

When : June 22-25

Where: Making this a seriously structured event, It will cater to the people interested in seeing some things and snapping a picture, etc. all while taking in some great roads. Thursday night will be in Oak Ridge Tennessee. Friday night will be in Black Mountain NC. and then back to Oak Ridge on Saturday evening.

I have a plan to hit certain roads I find enjoyable, and visit Chimney Rock park in NC, drink a beer in the bar on Lake Lure (Cycle world recommended) and then spend a night in the small town of Black Mountain.

For those that have never been to Chimney Rock Park, its a sight to behold, as you take an elevator to the top of a very tall rock on the side of a mountain. One of the highest elevators Dover elevator installed back in the 50's. You will be able to stand on a rock 20 feet across and see for miles.... and do it all with an ice cream cone in your hand.

Interestingly enough the Honda Hoot will be in Knoxville this weekend, so we will certainly see some of the people and vendors and such. Deals gap store usually has a big big crowd during this weekend.

First Hotel : 6/22/2006
Oak Ridge Comfort Inn
433 South Rutgers Avenue
Oak Ridge TN 37830
Phone: 800.553.7830

Second Hotel : 6/23/2006
Super 8
101 Flat Creek Rd.
Black Mountain, NC, 28711 US
828-669-8076

Third Hotel : 6/24/2006
Same as first.

I plan to trailer to Oak Ridge Tennessee leaving early Thursday morning.

Keep in mind the pace for this ride will be what i consider to be "medium". Enjoyable for a sport bike, but not a serious road burner race to the end. We will stop occasionally for various adventures and stay in good communication with those on the ride. I also plan to print the proposed ride route and destinations. We will return home from Oak Ridge on Sunday, which I believe is less than 6 hours drive. (Memphis) Alternate plans up to Oak Ridge and back can be worked out through Rick Moreland. (Nashville)

This is a rain or shine event... Sponsored by Suzuki !

Input is certainly welcome.

Offline Hotshoe

• First Post! Be Gentle!
    • http://www.lanesonline.us
Re: Honda Hoot
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 08:17:31 PM »
Quote from: banditnek
Anybody going to the Honda Hoot in June. I may go down. Turtle you going this year? It's in Knoxville,TN. :motorsmile:

My husband and I went to Hoot for just one day (Wednesday). I was interested in the demo rides. My first choice (ST1300) was all booked up, so I just got in line for the other bikes. I missed getting an Interceptor by one person. So I ended up testing a VTX1300 and a Victory Hammer. The only vendors there were Honda, Buell and Victory. Used to be many more.

The next day, we rode to Deal's Gap. It was packed. Several vendors were there due to the Hoot crowd. I haven't been there in a couple years and now there's a restaurant. That was nice. Been checking for my photo at the various sites and found this:

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0DAE005G050572&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

I saw two other Bandits! Hi to Dexter with the silver 1200S who I actually got to talk to before his group rode out. Then I saw a blue S model ride in and out of Deal's Gap briefly. Saw him again on the Cherohalla Skyway at a scenic rest stop, but by the time I got turned around to go back, he was passing me in the opposite direction. If you're on this list or Bandits R Us, Hi to you, too!

We sure had a good time and some great riding. We recently bought a video camera and we mounted it on my handle bars, but because it's the type that write directly to a hard drive, we got a recording failure every time I started to move forward. I'm sure it's due to the vibrations, even slight ones. Too bad because the mount was great, and I had excellent access to the controls and a good view into the viewscreen of what I'd be recording. Guess we'll be taking the camera back and exchanging for one that records on a different media. (Any recommendations would be welcome.)

We made the 650 mile ride back from Pigeon Forge in 11.5 hours yesterday. We had wonderful weather and smooth sailing. I'm sending back my Hoot evaluation and commenting on the lack of dealers represented at the Demo rides. They need more bikes there!
--Hotshoe
--2001 1200S

Offline Buzter

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: Honda Hoot
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 06:56:35 PM »
woo hoo, another hoot coming up in a few weeks.  I'm prepping my bike starting this week. New front tire, oil change, check cables and chain.
Quote from: "banditnek"